Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Equifax Score dropped 45 points

tag
Kimberly68
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma Equifax Score dropped 45 points

Like most, I review my credit constantly if not daily. This morning as normal I open my credit karma and see my TU score increase but my EQ score decreased 45 points. I'm not late on anything and we were focusing on the TU scores since the EQ was ok. In reviewing the report I'm not seeing where the discrepancy is coming from but it's depressing. Have anyone else experience this.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Equifax Score dropped 45 points

You can usually ignore the scores CK provides because they are Vantage 3 which very few lenders use and can fluctuate wildly and are not very accurate compared to Fico scores
Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma Equifax Score dropped 45 points

Agree. Find out what your Fico scores are and never rely on CK scores. Not useful.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.