Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma PAID Collection Message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma PAID Collection Message

I have a PAID collection reporting on two of the three CRA. I found this message on Credit Karma "This agency did not report a closed account to this bureau". What does this message mean ? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma PAID Collection Message

I'm guessing the agency did not close the account out. Did you try contacting the CA?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been previously listed as closed on all 3 CRAs. It was recently removed from EX but this is the 1st time I've noticed this message on CK. It's possible it's always been there [CK] but I don't believe so.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried contacting the CA?
Message 4 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Have you looked at your actual credit report?
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was attempting to question something on my EX report when I was locked out. Not knowing when I'll get unlocked I requested a report thru Annual credit report.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I will not contact the CRA because by doing so it puts you back into their system. I can'tdiscuss THIS any further.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant to say EQ, not EX.
Message 8 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

While a collection remains open, it is presumed that the debt collector is still pursuing collection of some amount.

Reporting of paid may possibly only refer to the principal amount of the debt, and the CRA may possibly still be pursuing the collection of some additional amount, such as interest or fees.

While it is more likely that the debt collector simply forgot to also update the collection status to Closed, the advisory simply states that they did not do so.

I would contact the debt collector and request that they promptly update if they have concluded collection on the debt, as mandated under FCRA 623(a)(2).

Let them assert that they are still seeking some additional amount.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have made myself more clear - the account is reported as CLOSED but ATST there's a NEW message next to it that states...

"This agency did not report a closed account to this bureau".

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.