Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma..Reliable?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma..Reliable?

I have tried to read thru our laws also and what I can make sense of I can't find the answer either.

Message 31 of 34
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma.Reliable?

@rgarcia33 wrote:

In my opinion its is very reliable. At the end of April it was showing 620, but since i'm trying to improve my score to buy a house I decide to visit a bank and let them inquiry my credit just to know how far from the minimum score required I was. They asked if I how my score and I told them the 620 from Credit Karma, and the inquiry came out with the 3 score's showing: TU 621 EX 620 EQ 619. The following days CK reflected the inquiry and deducted one point and it is same like fico score: 619.

Purely coincidental.  CK will show what's on your CR, it is excellent for keeping tabs on any changes.  But the score is worthless.  For one thing, they only count AAoA on open accounts, and only do the payment history for 2 years.

When I think of scores, FICO/FAKO....  What I generally ask is, "Does any lender use these scores?"

I've never heard of anyone being granted/denied credit for their CK scores.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 32 of 34
rgarcia33

coincidence that at least helped me to not look as a liar! lol To be honest, Im new in this journey and just shared my experience. but will keep it in mind that works good to monitor changes on my credit. Thanks 

Message 33 of 34
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@rgarcia33 wrote:

coincidence that at least helped me to not look as a liar! lol To be honest, Im new in this journey and just shared my experience. but will keep it in mind that works good to monitor changes on my credit. Thanks 

Very well put.  Smiley Happy

Just to give you an idea, CK is over 100 points lower than my FICO scores.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.