Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Removal & Midland

tag
Shockedimpy
Contributor

Credit Karma Removal & Midland

Hello all!

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I am trying to understand if a collection has actually been removed/deleted. So, I noticed a large point increase on my credit report (3 new accounts). Which was a $2200 BOA card (AU), and 2 college loan accounts accounts (for this & next semester). But I also noticed, I went from 2 collections to 1. I recently paid my Sprint collection (directly to Sprint) about 2 week ago. Now does that mean the collection was DELETED? Credit Karma has the collection in the REMOVED COLLECTION section. If so, I havent (hopefully yet) seen any sort of point increase via Myfico, just with CK and Cap1 credit traker. 

Also, I am about to pay off my last collection with MCM (Midland Funding) and I requrested a PFD, I got 2 letters in that state:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for you recent correspondecne. The purpsoe of this letter is to advice you that we cannot delete our credit reporting of the above-referenced account as requested. Pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, we are required to accuraltely report information regarding your account and our transcaaciosn with you, and deletedion of the above-referenced account from the credit bureaus would be inaccurate. However, we will continue to requrest that the three major credit bureaus list the status of this account as "disputed". 

What exactly does that last part mean? And what actions do I have? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Removal & Midland

The myFICO tracking will NOT update for a collection removal. You will have to wait for something else to trigger an update (new account, balance change, inquiry...).

Message 2 of 11
Shockedimpy
Contributor

So once that happens would my score increase due to collection removal?
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine shot up 40+ points after it was removed. It was the last bad thing on my credit reports 😊
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shockedimpy wrote:
So once that happens would my score increase due to collection removal?

Your score has ALREADY increased. MyFICO has just not detected the change yet.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

use creditchecktotal and get the 7 day trial for one dollar, then you can seel all 3 reports

my last collection came off this morning and gave me 61 points

Message 6 of 11
Shockedimpy
Contributor

I have the monitoring service and it updates automatically. Today I had a balance change and my score stayed the same.
Message 7 of 11
Shockedimpy
Contributor

Any other ideas? Like I've said my balance has changed and it was reported but no huge score increase. Was I wrong to think it was removed? Credit karma has it off my report. I only have 1 collection left. Or did it not process yet and the score will increase.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shockedimpy wrote:
Any other ideas? Like I've said my balance has changed and it was reported but no huge score increase. Was I wrong to think it was removed? Credit karma has it off my report. I only have 1 collection left. Or did it not process yet and the score will increase.

Thats the likely reason for no change.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a big collection that was 3 years old fall off two reports. I didn't get a score change. I think it's because I still have one collection left on the report.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.