Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma Reports

Hey guys!

So I finally just got Credit Karma active. I had to send in some verification stuff and have been waiting on that. I am fully aware of the difference between FICO and FAKO and I am not putting any stock into the scores (I wish I could; they are about 130 pets higher than my FICO scores!). However, everything I have read states the reports themselves are very accurate if nothing else and that's the primary reason I signed up. I want a tool to see when items are deleted, and so on.

So here's my concern. A couple of weeks ago, I had 4 medical collections deleted from the same CA at the same time. Experian shows them gone (re-pulled actual report), TU shows them gone through CK too. However, on Equifax report through CK, it shows 2 of the 4 as "closed" still, rather than deleted altogether. Why would only two show and not all 4? This has me worried EQ didn't remove correctly. Is there a way I can verify besides pay for new reports? IF they are still on there and the CA promised PFD (and it looks like they held up their end and this is an EQ issue), what is my plan of action?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma Reports

Bump

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give it at LEAST 30-45 days for EQ, if they aren't gone contact the creditor or collection agency who should be doing the deletions. It took ARS an eternity to fall off 2 of my reports when it disappeared immediately from experian. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just seems strange that 2 of the 4 would've fallen off immediately from EQ but not the others? They were all deleted together.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It just seems strange that 2 of the 4 would've fallen off immediately from EQ but not the others? They were all deleted together.

Lately EQ has been ignoring the deletion requests of some CAs and they have to be threatened in order to get the deletion but you need to give them 60 days from the time the deletion request was sent in for it to update. CAs have agreements not to delete paid collections with the CRAs so if they mentioned anything about a PFD to them they may be recalcitrant. Most likely they will be removed shortly,

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.