cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma collections dispute SUCCESS!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma collections dispute SUCCESS!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Submitted a Sprint collections account dispute that was on my credit report through credit karma about 2 weeks ago!!! Got the message today! It was taken off!

how did u dispute the account through credit karma?

I have CK and have 3 unknown hard inquiries that I did not initiate and want to get them removed but have looked everywhere on CK and theres no option to dispute any items on accounts. 

how or where did you go on the site to be able to do that? or did u purchase a credit report and do it that way? I havent done it because i dont want to purchase a report.

You cannot dispute inquiries. The CRA's consider them a point of fact and not disputable. They will simply tell you to go talk to whoever pulled your files.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the collections removed EQ went up 59 points!!! From a 536 to 595!

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!! I'm trying my luck as well! It seems like a pretty fast turn around time!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, on credit karma you can actually dispute inquiries.. I didn't purchase anything, I just use CK the way it comes, so let me just tell you step by step.
(Directions based off internet mobile site)
1) after you login scroll to the bottom there is a list of hyperlinks: overview, credit factors, credit reports, etc... Click on credit reports (no it is not a purchase)

2) you will either have the option to choose TU or EQ or there will be a list: personal info, accounts, inquiries, and it will give you the option to choose TU or EQ in the section. (In my experience TU's inquiries you can click and it gives info, EQ doesn't do this.)

3) so pick the report the inquiry is on, if it's TU then your list of inquiries will come up. Whichever one you want to dispute if you click it there will be a hyperlink for direct dispute. For EQ, if you just scroll to the bottom of all of them it will say "see something wrong? You could dispute an error with equifax" and you'll click that.

If you have any questions let me know. Not sure which application you are using for CK (desktop, mobile web or app) but they are all pretty similar.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you signed up for credit check total for your fico scores yet? if you haven't you may be suprised that your scores are actually higher. My fico scores are 50+ pts highter than my credit karma fako score.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yes! My scores are from MyFico. I don't get them from CK cause they aren't accurate.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, on credit karma you can actually dispute inquiries.. I didn't purchase anything, I just use CK the way it comes, so let me just tell you step by step.
(Directions based off internet mobile site)
1) after you login scroll to the bottom there is a list of hyperlinks: overview, credit factors, credit reports, etc... Click on credit reports (no it is not a purchase)

2) you will either have the option to choose TU or EQ or there will be a list: personal info, accounts, inquiries, and it will give you the option to choose TU or EQ in the section. (In my experience TU's inquiries you can click and it gives info, EQ doesn't do this.)

3) so pick the report the inquiry is on, if it's TU then your list of inquiries will come up. Whichever one you want to dispute if you click it there will be a hyperlink for direct dispute. For EQ, if you just scroll to the bottom of all of them it will say "see something wrong? You could dispute an error with equifax" and you'll click that.

If you have any questions let me know. Not sure which application you are using for CK (desktop, mobile web or app) but they are all pretty similar.

Yes, technically you CAN use the the dispute process on inquiries - many many people here have done that, and they are told by the CRA's exactly what I said above - they consider the release of your file to be an indisputable point of fact, and if you believe that whoever pulled it did not have permissible purpose, you must take it up with whoever pulled it.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh ok I see!
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.