Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma report different from Equifax

tag
jn1980
New Contributor

Credit Karma report different from Equifax

I disputed a collection acct on 2/18. Credit Karma sent me an alert and shows it as deleted. The report on Equifax's site shows its being disputed but its still there. How would Credit Karma know its going to be deleted when Equifax hasn't taken it off yet? I got all excited at first but now I don't know how to feel!
10/31/2017 - About 700 all around
07/01/15: EQ - 658 TU - 686 EX - 697
Goal: 700
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Karma report different from Equifax

@jn1980 wrote:
I disputed a collection acct on 2/18. Credit Karma sent me an alert and shows it as deleted. The report on Equifax's site shows its being disputed but its still there. How would Credit Karma know its going to be deleted when Equifax hasn't taken it off yet? I got all excited at first but now I don't know how to feel!

Sounds like for the moment its being suppressed when a CR request comes in.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that how it always works?  What stops someone from disputing all the baddies and applying for a loan while the dispute is still in progress as a way to "hide" those TLs?  I assume the scores don't change.

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Is that how it always works?  What stops someone from disputing all the baddies and applying for a loan while the dispute is still in progress as a way to "hide" those TLs?  I assume the scores don't change.

When a TL is in dispute certain aspects of it are removed from Fico scoring,  this does not mean a new creditor doesnt see the entry, an item being suppressed is something totally different, while it can be seen by you it cannot be by others, not all disputes result in a suppression of the entire TL.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had similar happen with a public record before; don't get excited until Equifax gives you your dispute results. In my experience they are the most haphazard at their methods of reporting during/after a dispute.

Message 5 of 6
jn1980
New Contributor

Well i wont get the official results for another 2 weeks but when i checked my Equifax report today the collection was no longer there. So im keeping my fingers crossed.....
10/31/2017 - About 700 all around
07/01/15: EQ - 658 TU - 686 EX - 697
Goal: 700
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.