Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma

tag
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Credit Karma

I hear alot about Credit Karma...so i was thinking about joining. Is it a Fako or a actual true Fico score?

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Karma

It's a TransUnion Fako (aka TransRisk score). CK is good for monitoring your TU CR, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the score except as a means of monitoring the general trend of your credit.

Message 2 of 5
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

That's good to know because I signed up today and my TU score was over 50 points lower than myfico TU score. Luckily I remembered that it was a fako and didn't freak out.

@Gunnar419 wrote:

It's a TransUnion Fako (aka TransRisk score). CK is good for monitoring your TU CR, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to the score except as a means of monitoring the general trend of your credit.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  Don't put any stock into the scores provided.  They are worthless.  Just work on cleaning and rebuilding your CR.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

CK is only another tool for monitoring your CR for INQ's, CLI's, via alerts as far as scores pay no attention other than it gives you a rough idea if your moving in the right direction up or down

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.