Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma??

Ok. So I know not to rely on CK to be to accurate when it comes to scores being that they always have my TU score wayyy below my fico 8 score....BUT, whenever my score fluctuates on CK is usually does for real...well, a few days ago I logged in to CK and my TU jumped 85 pts and EQ 75!!! the only thing that changed on my CK report was an acct in collections for a $4k medical bill was finally updated from open to closed on april 5th. It didnt change with EQ and that score still rose 75 pts. My fico (CCT) hasnt yet reported the change....so, Im very confused and hope someone out there can shine some light on my situation....PLEASE!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma??

Credit karma uses vantagescore which doesn't penalize points for closed and paid collections. FICO will penalize you if there's a collection on the report open, closed, paid, unpaid, doesn't matter you're getting penalized and no increase in points for paying it off.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

but would this explain a 85 point jump?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Their scoring models are totally different. If that was the only collection account you had and it went from unpaid to paid and closed, it would account for a significant increase. Mine jumped about 60 points when I paid the last one off.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.