cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase

tag
treymacou

Credit Limit Increase

I just received notification from Capital One that they are increasing my limit from $1,000 to $3,000.  I think this is a good thing because it well increase my available credit.

My question is, will it show as an inquiry on my credit report?  Should I refuse the increase?  I did not request the increase they just offered it and said it would happen unless I told them not to.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase

@treymacou wrote:

I just received notification from Capital One that they are increasing my limit from $1,000 to $3,000.  I think this is a good thing because it well increase my available credit.

My question is, will it show as an inquiry on my credit report?  Should I refuse the increase?  I did not request the increase they just offered it and said it would happen unless I told them not to.

Did they initiate this CLI on their own? If so, shouldn't be a hard pull.

Did you initiate it? If so it could be a hard pull, but it's such a good increase (esp from CapOne) that in your shoes I'd be happy to take it. If it was done by HP, you've already taken that hit and have nothing to lose now, only something to gain. Congrats!

Message 2 of 4
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

If you didnt request it then it shouldnt be a hard pull. But I agree with Gunner419, either way for cap1 I would take it and say thanks!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 3 of 4
treymacou

They did it on their own!  I received an email stating the increase and checked my account and it already happened.  Awesome!  I will take it!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.