Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Line Question

Hello,

New to the forum, and new to this whole credit score thing, but I've been working hard on it for now about 2 years.

My question is, with a current score of around 680, I've seen some posters that have similar scores, yet MUCH higher CLs...how is that possible?

My highest line is a Chase Sapphire Preferred, which I literally just qualified for this month at 5k. All others range from .6-2k.

I recently saw a poster who had a 12k limit on a card and two of his scores are in the 660s. Also, someone with a mere 10 or so points more with a card at around 20k.

I must be doing something wrong, so what are the best ways to negotiate, request, or beg for higher credit limits...or do you just get them eventually after having the card for years?

Also, should someone just apply for a few cards, and just use them for 4 years? I've heard of people in the 800's who have low (like 2yrs only) AAoA, is it even possible to churn cards like that (mostly for bonus points/mileage) and have such high scores? It makes me sad every time CreditKarma or even myFICO tells me that the AAoA of most high scorers is around 11 years, because that just makes me feel like I'll have to wait 10 years to have a good score!

Is it even possible to go from a 680 to 740 in any reasonable amount of time? Or does that even take 4 years?

Sorry for the questions, I just still don't understand this all...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Line Question

MOD

Can you move to CC forum?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.