Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Line

How are initial credit limits determined? I seem to always get smaller amounts (around $500) even though our household income isn't low. Scores in upper 600s low 700s.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Line

What does your utillization look like?  Just because one has high scores does not mean that you will get a high credit line.  When being approved for credit more than your score is taken into consideration.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My overall utilization is at 15% right now.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How are initial credit limits determined? I seem to always get smaller amounts (around $500) even though our household income isn't low. Scores in upper 600s low 700s.

Fairly common if you have a relatively "thin" file, not a lot of depth, and/or low existing limits.

What are your current accounts?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 auto loans, several student loans and 3 credit cards. Oldest card is from 2005/2006 and student loans from 2006

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

2 auto loans, several student loans and 3 credit cards. Oldest card is from 2005/2006 and student loans from 2006

What are the ages and limits on each of those cards? And who are they from?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.