Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management - CMI Group

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Credit Management - CMI Group

Has anyone have recent GW or PFD success with CMI group. I sent a PFD request by fax just a few days ago and got a letter from their account resolution department today, saying they cannot delete. I searched the boards and saw some GW success earlier this year, but not sure if maybe something changed and they are not granting any kind of deletions or not nowadays.  I plan to keep faxing the PFD requests until they get tired of me. Does anyone else have any recent success they would like to share? 

Message 1 of 63
62 REPLIES 62
tonio2148
Established Member

Re: Credit Management - CMI Group

check ur inbox

Message 2 of 63
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Well....I am still waiting.  They sent me a letter statting they do not delete.  But at the end stated they would update as "PAID."  Would like to get it deleted, so let me know if you have any luck

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 63
grussell70
Contributor

@ eparker they sent me the same letter. i haven't paid them and refuse to until they say they will delete. what they have don is change to amount owed to a lower amount because the original creditor was over charging me. so that update on the credit report.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Message 4 of 63
eparker
Frequent Contributor

@ grussell I have one better.  After I requested PFD, and they sent the letter with all the legal mumbo jumbo.  Their last statement stated they would update that my account was PAID IN FULL. 

And of course I didnt pay them.  I think they made a boo boo when they sent the letter.  I politely faxed and emailed to Experian and waiting for the update.  I'm waiting and seeing. 

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 63
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Use caution in poundng them wth PFD offers.

The debt is unpaid.  Is the debt outside of your state SOL?

If not, you may just be pushing  then to take legal action.

PFD letters are not without risk.

Why would you send anything to a CRA related to your negotiations with a creditor/debt collector related to private contract pay for deletion matters?

The CRA is not a party to such negotiations.

Message 6 of 63
Datx
Valued Contributor

Here is an update. I folded....

After sending emails and also faxing CMI PFD letters, I only got one reply back through the mail, and that letter said that they cannot delete, etc. Got no more replies back, I guess they are going ignore me.  Its actually off my EQ report now. I believe at one point it was on all 3 CRs, then it just stayed on EQ and EX. When I started to fax my PFD letters and emailed them....it disappeared from EQ only a few weeks after. It was never deleted from EX, so I tried a dispute with EX and it came back verified.

So I give up. I'm going to pay them off and just have them update EX as paid in full. Hopefully, they dont report to TU and EQ again. Just a risk I have to take. I want to get it paid off and be done with it. I should've never let it go to collections in the first place.  I'll update this again if something else changes such as a deletion from EX (wishful thinking) or if they decide to report on TU and EQ again.

Message 7 of 63
grussell70
Contributor

@ mycreditstinks when you pay i wouldn't be surprised if it shows back up on all of the credit reports. i paid a collection that was not on my credit report and the next month it showed up on the credit report as paid collection. never been on there before. how bout that.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Message 8 of 63
tray
Valued Contributor

I recieved a goodwill from cmi for an account deletion but my collection account was paid, this company will not budge for a pfd, I do not know how large a $$ amount your bill is, but I feel you will have a better shot in paying this account and then goodwilling the ceo of the company.  that is what I did.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 63
Datx
Valued Contributor

@tray wrote:

I recieved a goodwill from cmi for an account deletion but my collection account was paid, this company will not budge for a pfd, I do not know how large a $$ amount your bill is, but I feel you will have a better shot in paying this account and then goodwilling the ceo of the company.  that is what I did.

This is what I'm really hoping for. I already paid them off, and now I will wait. Then try emailing and faxing GW letters and even through snail mail. Hopefully it all works out. Glad to hear you have some suscess with them.

@Anonymous - Hopefully these guys won't. But I'll update what happens. Hopefully I will get some good news in the next few weeks.

Message 10 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.