Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management - CMI Group

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Management - CMI Group

Just be aware that the credit reporting guidelines issued by the CRAs, and agreed to when any partty contracts with them for credit reportring, clearly states that deletion of prior, accurate reporting based on subsequent payment of a debt should NOT be deleted, as it negatively affects the integrity of their credit files.

If an OC or debt collector states, as policy, that they wont delete, they are complying with their reporting obligations with the CRA.

Message 11 of 63
Datx
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Just be aware that the credit reporting guidelines issued by the CRAs, and agreed to when any partty contracts with them for credit reportring, clearly states that deletion of prior, accurate reporting based on subsequent payment of a debt should NOT be deleted, as it negatively affects the integrity of their credit files.

If an OC or debt collector states, as policy, that they wont delete, they are complying with their reporting obligations with the CRA.

Yes, I'm aware and I believe everyone is aware of this. The OC, CA or debt collector had policies and/or agreements with the CRA. But again, this is something I hope they can do as a GW. It has happened to others, and Im hoping it can be done for me as well.

Message 12 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just emailed their General Counsel,[Edited], a PFD. I'll let you know if he agrees. I hope so because I'm trying to qualify for a home loan.

Edited to remove personal information. You are welcome to send this via PM if you'd like.

-marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 13 of 63
tonio2148
Established Member

do you want me to copy paste the letter or email that you are about to receive from him?

Message 14 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Feel free to post it.

Message 15 of 63
Datx
Valued Contributor

Got this in the email this morning:

Dear MyCreditStinks: 

Our office is in receipt of your request that we remove negative trade lines placed by our company on your credit report.  While we commend your ability to resolve your financial obligations, we are unable to assist you in the manner requested. 

As a data furnisher to the credit bureaus, we are required by federal law to report only accurate information.  Once an account has been placed with the credit bureaus, it would be inaccurate to remove the account for reasons other than fraud or mistaken reporting.  Thus, we are unable to honor your request.  Please note that our system updates all three national credit bureaus with the news that your account has been paid in full simultaneously.  

Should you require any additional information, you may contact Credit Management LP at 1-800-377-7723.

Sincerely,

(Her name here)

Dispute Resolution Supervisor

Me = Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 63
grussell70
Contributor

yep got the same letter. i'm finished with trying to get them to remove.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you going back to the OC to see if they will PFD?  I think I might do that since mine is with Time Warner.

Message 18 of 63
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you going back to the OC to see if they will PFD?  I think I might do that since mine is with Time Warner.

No, unfortunately I can't. When I called AT&T, they refer me to CMI. If you are still able to pay Time Warner, then I think you have a better chance on getting CMI removed. Someone here claimed they paid the OC, then later disputed CMI and had it sucessfully removed.

Message 19 of 63
grussell70
Contributor

i tried the oc comcast and they refused to remove it. i was told it had to be an error on their part to remove. i called the corporate office and the local office that turned it over to collections. the bad part about the hold thing was comcast had originally turned me over to cmi for almost 900.00. they continued to bill me for 4 months of services after they were disconnected and i was receiving comcast services in another state at the same time. also they can't find my equipment that was returned and i don't have a receipt from over 5 years ago. so comcast agreed to credit my account for the 4 months of services that should have been cancelled but said i owed the equipment fee however that is still not considered an error on their part to remove the collection from my credit report. if you made an error by charging me for disconnected services could you have also made an error with the equipment as well. anyway according the the credit mgr can not remove because no error was made on their end. how bout that.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.