Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management LP Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Management LP Success!

So I had this long time collection from the lovely Credit Management LP, I tried over 5 PFD's to only get MO's or checks returned back to me... this was a $104 collection for a modem that the old roommate said she returned. Finally 2 weeks ago I called Time Warner directly and spoke to a manager in the Call Center, I offered to pay her the money over the phone but she wouldnt take it, I was told don't worry about it... We will have Credit mgmt delete the negative tradeline... sure enough I received a letter from them stating the account would be deleted within 30-days... Its already off all 3 reports. This made my day!

One thing to note, the supervisors are clueless at the TWC call center, you must deal with a manager on this issue.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Management LP Success!

WooHoo! !           Congrats to YOU!!

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 6
grimalkin
Established Member

So I tried the same tactic, but for me they actually took the payment ($128). According to the supervisor I spoke to, he said that within 24 hrs of payment, their Banking unit contacts the collectors and tells them that that account is no longer delinquent.  Thus, Credit Management LP should fall off the report within 30 days.  I bit the bullet, paid the outstanding amount, and will now wait 30 days to see it removed from my CRs. I will keep this thread posted if it actually works.

5/2021 FICO8 TU 845; EQ8 820; EXP 819
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope it worked out for you....

Message 4 of 6
grimalkin
Established Member

Boo to me.  So the only thing that happened was the collection was changed from Unpaid collection to Paid collection, however the listing still shows up on my credit report.  Clearly, the Time Warner rep either lied that it would be completely removed or (most likely) wasn't exactly clear how collections work.

So, I've debated whether I should call Time Warner and speak to the rep and say "you told me XYZ" or just let it go.  This baddie comes off in Feb 2013 and I'm not planning any major purchases from now until then.

5/2021 FICO8 TU 845; EQ8 820; EXP 819
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They totally lied if they said it would dissapear, it's supposed to stay for '7 years' on your report, but it will show up as paid which is better than unpaid.  Just use credit locker or some other program to dispute and maybe you can have it actually removed.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.