Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Management LP negative reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Management LP negative reporting

So my husband has a collection through Credit Management LP which was originally a Time Warner Account.  There apparently was a 7 cents balance and they reported it to all three credit agencies.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  What is the best way to remove this?  Goodwill letter?  It was 7 flippin cents and it shows "serious deliquency" due to equipment.  We sent the equipment back, and they removed balance except for 7 cents... then reported it to the credit agencies.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Management LP negative reporting

@Anonymous wrote:

So my husband has a collection through Credit Management LP which was originally a Time Warner Account.  There apparently was a 7 cents balance and they reported it to all three credit agencies.  It's absolutely ridiculous.  What is the best way to remove this?  Goodwill letter?  It was 7 flippin cents and it shows "serious deliquency" due to equipment.  We sent the equipment back, and they removed balance except for 7 cents... then reported it to the credit agencies.

This takes the cake on what I have seen on multiple boards over the years, it is ridiculous, I know of a bank that writes off small balances that are 30x larger than this instead of generating a statement to be mailed. I would contact TW ask them to recall the collection in exchange for settling in full with them. If they refuse then you would want to contact the CA and give them a PFD offer.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Management LP negative reporting

Thank you so much for your suggestions... I will give them a try.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.