Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Managment LP Collection Agency

tag
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

Credit Managment LP Collection Agency

I payed the OC Time Warner cable then disputed with Experian as "payed before it went into collections"....the investigation is still pending with Experian. Now I see that they posted it to TransUnion just now even though I payed the OC before it started reporting. What should I do? I am trying to fix my Dads Credit. I just realized this is in the wrong forum please move

Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Managment

@CreditChampion wrote:

I payed the OC Time Warner cable then disputed with Experian as "payed before it went into collections"....the investigation is still pending with Experian. Now I see that they posted it to TransUnion just now even though I payed the OC before it started reporting. What should I do?  I am trying to fix my Dads Credit. I just realized this is in the wrong forum please move

I might change title unless "Credit Management" to me at least is that you are using one of the companies that will pay all your bills and work with creditors for better rates while doing this.... but sounds like you are helping and this collection agency is being stupid...

You will have to dispute and then start sending documents to EX,EQ,TU directionly saying this was paid etc. the account should be deleted as wrong, etc.... long process usually jsut beacuse of having to wait 30-45 days inbetween each filing.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit Managment LP Collection Agency

If the debt collector obtained collection authority prior to satisfaction of the debt, their is no prohibition against their reporting of that fact to the CRAs.

It would serve no useful collection purpose on their part, as the amount under collection is now $0, but compelling deletion has no basis under the FCRA.

The inaccuracy would be the fact that they have not updated the collection to reflect paid, $0.  A furnisher always has the option of correcting inaccuracies rather than deleting.

You may be fortunate in your dispute, as they may choose to simply delete rather than update their reporting.  It would clear the account from any further disputes, etc.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.