Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Monitoring while rebuilding

tag
AcidKoolz
Valued Member

Credit Monitoring while rebuilding

Not sure if this has been asked yet or not, I couldn't find it. If it has, please point me in that direction.

What is the best product or combo of products to use for monitoring while rebuilding? I think it would be best to have something that monitors reports and FICO scores and emails or text messages for changes for all 3 bureaus. I know you can only get the FICO score for two, but maybe something along these lines. I would like an updated score and report each time something big changes, or is this too much? Does anything provide monitoring for when something is deleted?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Monitoring while rebuilding

Not true FICO scores but no one has a product that touches USAA's service, dollar for dollar. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@AcidKoolz wrote:
Not sure if this has been asked yet or not, I couldn't find it. If it has, please point me in that direction.

What is the best product or combo of products to use for monitoring while rebuilding? I think it would be best to have something that monitors reports and FICO scores and emails or text messages for changes for all 3 bureaus. I know you can only get the FICO score for two, but maybe something along these lines. I would like an updated score and report each time something big changes, or is this too much? Does anything provide monitoring for when something is deleted?

Unfortunately what you are looking for doesn't really exist -- although you could probably combo something. I use EliminateIDTheft.com -- 17 dollars and I get pulls from all three bureaus daily.

You really should go to this thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/m-p/662549...

It has all the info you could possibly need about all the services...

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 8
AcidKoolz
Valued Member

Thanks guys, sorry I guess I'm blind and overlooked that thread!
Message 4 of 8
ceejx
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Not true FICO scores but no one has a product that touches USAA's service, dollar for dollar. Smiley Happy

+1 USAA is Experian's service, even the product looks similar, but cheaper and does all 3 for $12.95 .. can't beat it ... 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've been a member of USAA CCMP for 6 months or more, call them (1-866-751-1320) and ask for a discount, they'll usually reduce the premium from $12.95/mo. to $6.12/mo. for a year. Be nice though.

Message 6 of 8
marty56
Super Contributor

True Credit.  They provide FAKO scores but they are cheap, show date reported and good alerts.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 8
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

True Credit.  They provide FAKO scores but they are cheap, show date reported and good alerts.

I will say; although I switched to EliminateIDTheft because of its three report daily pulls, I used True Credit for over 3 years, no complaints. Thought it was great.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.