cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Obsessed! Have you lost your mind too?????

tag
REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014
New Contributor

Re: Credit Obsessed! Have you lost your mind too?????

Hey Diva!

My name is Ann and I am addicted to my credit!

I had to laugh while reading your post as I do almost the SAME EXACT thing on a daily basis. I only have 1 spreadsheet and that is for my budget since I am now gardening and working on getting my Util down. I have myfico app on my phone so always checkeing there when on the go as well!

Are you just generally working on your credit to come back from your BK or is there another specific goal you are working towards? For me, I so desparately want to purchase a home. My journey started in Jan 2012 when I finally took matters into my own hands and wanted to deal head on with the issues on my CR's. Now, I can proudly say I am 99% clean (I more baddie 1200.00 reporting only on EQ, but falls off this Dec 2014, and a couple 30 day lates that Ido  GW monthly but dont worry too much about anymore since they are ageing now.

Dont worry - You are not alone in your obsession! I debated on whether to reply to your post since it is a bit embarrasing personally that I am so crazy about my repair journey! Ive given up on trying to talk to family and friends about this because unless you have been there, you have NO idea what it takes to repair and the feeling of accomplishment is amazing and unexplainable. When something good happens you want to spread and share your happiness, so Im thanksful to have myfico forums to share, laugh and sometimes cry with! This can be so emotional with lots of ups and downs...its a bit crazy!

I knew I was obsessed when I saw how many hours I have been online just  here on myfico forums as well as how many posts I have read!!! I am forever thankful for all these posts and the feedback and guidance offered here on myfico and love love love Suze Orman!! She always keeps it  real and I watch her show religiously!

Maybe we need to start a new forum for the OCD Credit obsessed group! Im sure we are not alone!!!

Keep up the good work! Glad to see that there are others just like me, and willing to admit it and talk about it!

Myfico scores 1.9.15 EQ 657 EX 688 TU 700
NFCU Plat Visa 15,000 | NFCU Cash rewards 15,000 | Lowes 7500 | Fingerhut 1100 | Amazon Store Card 1,500 | Discover IT 1300 | CAP 1 Qsilver 1300 | JC Pennys 1500 | Dressbarn 1100 | Walmart 2500 | Kays Jewelers 500} Mattress One 4500 \ Ashley Furniture 1500 \ American Home Furnishing 2000
Loans:
NFCU Auto 30,000 | NFCU Nav check 15,000 | NFCU Debt Cons 4100 |

Message 21 of 52
paramed3
Regular Contributor

My sister told me the same thing. You are obsessed with your credit score. You are even asking me have I paid my mortgage and belk card. I said I know but the reason I ask if you are late it will take 100 points off your score. She's at 800 plus and said I don't care. I have everything I want and I pay my bills on time. It really is an obsession.
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 22 of 52
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I'm like you I want to purchase a home I have found but even at 760 the banks don't put as much weight on FICO as your INCOME sure they want it 730 740 for good rate but at 760 I still can't get the house I want without cosigner because of income. The property has 1000 rental on it and they will not let me claim that unless it was paid to me for 1 year.
Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 23 of 52
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@REALISTICLYSPEAKING2014 wrote:

Hey Diva!

My name is Ann and I am addicted to my credit!

I had to laugh while reading your post as I do almost the SAME EXACT thing on a daily basis. I only have 1 spreadsheet and that is for my budget since I am now gardening and working on getting my Util down. I have myfico app on my phone so always checkeing there when on the go as well!

Are you just generally working on your credit to come back from your BK or is there another specific goal you are working towards? For me, I so desparately want to purchase a home. My journey started in Jan 2012 when I finally took matters into my own hands and wanted to deal head on with the issues on my CR's. Now, I can proudly say I am 99% clean (I more baddie 1200.00 reporting only on EQ, but falls off this Dec 2014, and a couple 30 day lates that Ido  GW monthly but dont worry too much about anymore since they are ageing now.

Dont worry - You are not alone in your obsession! I debated on whether to reply to your post since it is a bit embarrasing personally that I am so crazy about my repair journey! Ive given up on trying to talk to family and friends about this because unless you have been there, you have NO idea what it takes to repair and the feeling of accomplishment is amazing and unexplainable. When something good happens you want to spread and share your happiness, so Im thanksful to have myfico forums to share, laugh and sometimes cry with! This can be so emotional with lots of ups and downs...its a bit crazy!

I knew I was obsessed when I saw how many hours I have been online just  here on myfico forums as well as how many posts I have read!!! I am forever thankful for all these posts and the feedback and guidance offered here on myfico and love love love Suze Orman!! She always keeps it  real and I watch her show religiously!

Maybe we need to start a new forum for the OCD Credit obsessed group! Im sure we are not alone!!!

Keep up the good work! Glad to see that there are others just like me, and willing to admit it and talk about it!

Hello Ann, Smiley Happy glad you responded. You know, the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Smiley Wink Congratulations to you on your stellar work in repairing your credit. It sounds like you should not have any issues as far as your FICO score goes in getting your dream home financed.

You are right, it is an emotional journey and those who have not been through it before, or those who just really don't care about their credit, they just don't get it. Talk about emotional.....when I got my first CLI by request from Cap One a few weeks ago, I sat in my chair and literally cried for 10 minutes!!!!! It was a good cry, a cry of joy and pride for the hard work I have done to build my credit score and positive history. I really am proud of myself for turning things around.

I have few things in life now that give me pleasure, so this has become more than an obsession for me, it has become a part of my daily life and something I look forward to that makes me feel like I still have some control over my life. I was diagnosed with progressive multiple sclerosis 2 years ago and went from $100K+ a year and a upper management position in a Fortune 500 company to being wheelchair bound and unable to work for the rest of my life. What a waste of a master's degree, and I was within 6 months of my doctorate when I became ill. At least with my credit, I have something to manage again. Smiley Happy

I am not really sure if I have a long-term goal for building my credit. I have a home that was not reaffirmed in the BK but we are continuing to pay on it because our interest rate is 2% fixed for the life of the loan through the HAMP modification we got right before we filed BK. Our payment is less than most people pay for rent and we have a gorgeous, 4 br/3bath home that was brand new when we bought it back in 2006. We are thinking of just paying it off and living here for at least the next 10 years. We have talked about moving to the east coast though, to be closer to family. If we decide to do that, we will want to be able to qualify for a super low rate. We are spoiled by the 2%, LOL.

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 24 of 52
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

My wife says I'm obsessed but she's ok with it because she wants a house. Every morning I check USAA and my daily pull. Then I check emails for updates followed by CK since they update changes. Then I go through balances and finally check myFICO. Finally, I read through the forums for hours every day lol yeah I'm obsess too and it's starting to show with my scores lol. I'll take this addiction over many others.

You guys are right.....maybe we should start a "Credit-aholics Anonymous" Group.....

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 25 of 52
Divaofsongs
Frequent Contributor

@Sneakytiki wrote:

My wife says I'm obsessed but she's ok with it because she wants a house. Every morning I check USAA and my daily pull. Then I check emails for updates followed by CK since they update changes. Then I go through balances and finally check myFICO. Finally, I read through the forums for hours every day lol yeah I'm obsess too and it's starting to show with my scores lol. I'll take this addiction over many others.

You guys are right.....maybe we should start a "Credit-aholics Anonymous" Group.....

I completely agree with you and everyone else about this.............we are a rare and special breed who need other fellow addicts to discuss our ups and downs with. I know my family and firends are over it already. Many of them have actually told me that they are sick and tired of hearing about credit stuff and a few have even asked me to stop talking about it with them (talking "to" them is more like it, as they have zero input on the subject) LOL.

We can use this thread to post our successes, obsessions, pitfalls, etc. and whomever wants to join in by responding, adding to the discussion, or just reading are welcome. For me, I just want to tell someone about it sometimes. When I get a CLI, or a new card, or a lower rate, or an increase in my FICO score, I want to tell anyone who will listen............the problem is............nobody wants to listen anymore. LOL. They are all ready to call in the men with the white jacket that so conveniently ties in the back and have me taken away!!!!!

Chap 7 BK Discharge Aug 2013 (Initial CL/Current CL): Discover IT ($5.5K/$32.5K) Cap1 QS ($500/$30K) Amazon ($700/$8K) Barclay's MC ($1,300/$10.3K) Upromise ($500/$33K) Lowe's ($900/$13K) Sportsman's Visa ($17K) WF Amex ($13K) AMEX BCE ($10K) AMEX Gold NPSL - FICO's: All 740+
Message 26 of 52
kjel
Established Contributor

Me!!!

I am not quite as bad as I used to be when I was actively rehabbing my student loans and clawing my way out of the deep dark hole. I spend about an hour a day now checking CK and my account websites to make sure nothing kooky is going on with my balances, and pull a montly report for each CRA to make sure things are as they should be.It's actually turned into a friendly competition in my household with my 21 year old daughter. She has a thin file, but it was good even though she was in the mid 600s. Everything that I've learned here I have shared with her. She just crossed 700 on one CRA, is at 698 and 695 on the other two so she's well on her way.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 27 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think a Coffee Break forum  for the credit obsessed would be an awesome idea. I am definitely in need of a support group. (I only called it that because every time I take a coffee break, I also checks these forums lol).

But, as others have stated, EVERYONE is sick of hearing me talk about credit. I love coming on here and reading all the different stories (Good and bad).

Message 28 of 52
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Reading all the good and bads are like a way to see where you stand in the middle of the storm.  It lets you know you're not alone and encourages you to keep moving forward.  It truly only becomes a problem when you do not actively participate and get slammed by the credit world.

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 29 of 52
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Just a check in to say my Obsessive Credit Disorder(OCD) remains!  Wearing it like a red badge of courage lol

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 30 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.