Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank CO & P&B Capital CA

tag
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Credit One Bank CO & P&B Capital CA

Good afternoon.

Wanted to ask whether any of you has experience with Credit One Bank and/or P&B Capital.  Last year, I was dumb enough to allow a brand new COB CC go into initial default/deliquency.  They CO'd the account and sent it to a CA named P&B.  I made my last installment payment to P&B yesterday.

COB appears on all three CRAs as a CO, zero balance, status closed.  However, P&B has never appeared on my CRs...I'm assuming that's because P&B were merely collecting, but did not own the account.

Now that the original account is paid off, would there be any CR updates by either party to reflect my PIF?  

Rob.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit One Bank CO & P&B Capital CA

@OneDay_750 wrote:

Good afternoon.

Wanted to ask whether any of you has experience with Credit One Bank and/or P&B Capital.  Last year, I was dumb enough to allow a brand new COB CC go into initial default/deliquency.  They CO'd the account and sent it to a CA named P&B.  I made my last installment payment to P&B yesterday.

COB appears on all three CRAs as a CO, zero balance, status closed.  However, P&B has never appeared on my CRs...I'm assuming that's because P&B were merely collecting, but did not own the account.

Now that the original account is paid off, would there be any CR updates by either party to reflect my PIF?  

Rob.

COB appears on all three CRAs as a CO, zero balance, status closed. This means they sold the account to P&B it will not be updating and since P&B is not reporting it now it may not show up at all.

Message 2 of 4
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

So, should I even pursue a pay-off letter from P&B?  I hate for them to pop in my CR now, or worse, later.  I was also hoping for some type of boost on my score due to paying the collection (CO).

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 3 of 4
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Another question: Could I dispute the OC TL to get the closed status and charged off comments improved to paid or paid-in-full, was a CO?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.