Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank GW's??? Anyone??

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Credit One Bank GW's??? Anyone??

Hey guys!!!

I wanted to see if anyone had any luck with GW Late removals from Credit One Bank. I have 4 Baddies that I want (need) removed.... I have sent out GW letters and emails to exec's and I haven't seen any changes so far...

I did a search through the boards and I did see some with full TL deletions but none with just some GW late removals... Just want to know if this is pointless and I should give up or if it is worth my time and effort...

Thanks!

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit One Bank GW's??? Anyone??

Really, no one??

oh man, this doesn't give me much hope!! Smiley Frustrated

01/2012-EQ 512

Message 2 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Anyone who has dealt with LVNV (et al) will tell you that they are hard nosed and IMO unethical in their methods. Credit One "Bank" is a sub prime credit card operation (there is no actual physical bank) which was originally conceived to allow "debts" to be transferred to credit cards for various reasons (a whole other nasty way to squeeze old debts into new at high interest accounts and reset the SOL).

I'm sure someone somewhere once got a GW out of this group, but "Good Will" is not exactly their calling card, so I wouldn't expect too much as far as results for begging.

This is Credit One Bank:

Sherman Financial Group, LLC.

Sherman Financial Group, LLC, through its subsidiaries, originates, purchases, and services consumer debt in the United States and Mexico. It engages in the direct origination of consumer loans; investment in performing and non-performing consumer debt originated by financial institutions, credit card companies, and retailers; and servicing of consumer assets.

LVNV Funding LLC, ("LVNV") purchases portfolios of both domestic (U.S.) and international consumer debt owned by credit grantors including banks and finance companies, and by other debt buyers. As the new owner of any debt previously owned by another creditor, LVNV's name may appear on a customer's credit report or in a letter from a collection agency.

The management of purchased assets is outsourced to a third-party specializing in the management of these types of consumer assets, Resurgent Capital Services LP (Resurgent). Resurgent is a manager and servicer of domestic and international consumer debt portfolios for credit grantors and debt buyers, including LVNV, and performs these services on their behalf. Resurgent, a licensed debt collector, may perform these activities directly, or in most cases, will outsource the recovery activities to other, independent, specialized, licensed collection agencies.

Message 3 of 5
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Oh well I am well aware that they suck... Maybe if I threaten to close my card they will remove them?!?!?! I don't want their card anymore anyway but I just want the lates gone more... lol Smiley Wink

01/2012-EQ 512

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Anyone who has dealt with LVNV (et al) will tell you that they are hard nosed and IMO unethical in their methods. Credit One "Bank" is a sub prime credit card operation (there is no actual physical bank) which was originally conceived to allow "debts" to be transferred to credit cards for various reasons (a whole other nasty way to squeeze old debts into new at high interest accounts and reset the SOL).

I'm sure someone somewhere once got a GW out of this group, but "Good Will" is not exactly their calling card, so I wouldn't expect too much as far as results for begging.

This is Credit One Bank:

Sherman Financial Group, LLC.

Sherman Financial Group, LLC, through its subsidiaries, originates, purchases, and services consumer debt in the United States and Mexico. It engages in the direct origination of consumer loans; investment in performing and non-performing consumer debt originated by financial institutions, credit card companies, and retailers; and servicing of consumer assets.

LVNV Funding LLC, ("LVNV") purchases portfolios of both domestic (U.S.) and international consumer debt owned by credit grantors including banks and finance companies, and by other debt buyers. As the new owner of any debt previously owned by another creditor, LVNV's name may appear on a customer's credit report or in a letter from a collection agency.

The management of purchased assets is outsourced to a third-party specializing in the management of these types of consumer assets, Resurgent Capital Services LP (Resurgent). Resurgent is a manager and servicer of domestic and international consumer debt portfolios for credit grantors and debt buyers, including LVNV, and performs these services on their behalf. Resurgent, a licensed debt collector, may perform these activities directly, or in most cases, will outsource the recovery activities to other, independent, specialized, licensed collection agencies.

Really wished I never associated myself with that bank!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.