Credit One Bank help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Bank help

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Threaten to sue them - they illegally "crammed" you into an account, without your knowledge or permission.

Would this be in writing? I've been trying to get to the collections department for over an hour now and keep getting transferred to the wrong place. The collections number on their site is inaccurate and reps keep transferring me to bizarre depts. I've been asking over and over again for the correct number and they transfer me without answering the question. 

Yes, an "ITS" letter.

This sort of thing was frequently done by a number of unscrupulous lenders in the mid 2000's. Sometimes they would just send a card out without any application at all having been submitted, and just start billing someone - with huge "signup" fees involved. I myself received one of these around 2004-2005 or so. Out of the blue I received a billing statement for a credit card, with a phone number to call for "questions". When I called the number, the first thing I heard was a recording that said "thank you, your card has now been activated".

I can't remember the name of the company offhand, but there was a huge lawsuit over it.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kutuzov wrote:
All communication with Capone like companies do them all in written. Certified mail return recieve. Just dispute again in written with all 3 CRA and after they verify send them an MOV letter (search the Internet for what it is). After that the way to go is inviting them to court. It ain't bad I got paid a couple times by Capone and friends. You can do a short cut and write them a nasty sue intent letter and maybe they just chill out. I got once a collection calling me I answered the phone heard all what the overseas guy got to tell me, then explained to him all the violations that the company and him did, and if I ever heard of them again I would sue. As of today I have not been bothered again.

I would definitely consider Credit One to be a "Capone like" company as they are wholely owned by Sherman Capital, a very large junk debt buyer.

Message 12 of 14
dave36021
Regular Contributor

I am currently trying to get Credit One off my reports also. Mine looks exactly like yours except it was in 2010 starting in Jan 2010 , 30 60 then 90 days late the two months OK the 30 60 90 120 150 180 then CO. My wife also has the same thing with a few nesatives then two OK then more lates until it is marked CO. I currently have my second request in to the CEO for a goodwill removal. If it does not work this time I am going to ask for proof that I paid the two months that are showing ok and if they cannot I willstart to explore other options and see what I can come up with. They are one of my last Baddies that I am working on.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dave36021 wrote:

I am currently trying to get Credit One off my reports also. Mine looks exactly like yours except it was in 2010 starting in Jan 2010 , 30 60 then 90 days late the two months OK the 30 60 90 120 150 180 then CO. My wife also has the same thing with a few nesatives then two OK then more lates until it is marked CO. I currently have my second request in to the CEO for a goodwill removal. If it does not work this time I am going to ask for proof that I paid the two months that are showing ok and if they cannot I willstart to explore other options and see what I can come up with. They are one of my last Baddies that I am working on.

Wow. That really seems sketchy that it is a pattern with them. I'm trying some of the advice offered here and I'll update if I make any progress.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.