Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Bank pay $$ for CLI

tag
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Credit One Bank pay $$ for CLI

I have a Credit One Bank credit card. Every so often when I log in to my online account I will have an offer that says if I pay $24.99 then I will get an automatic credit limit increase of $100. I have accepted this offer each and every time it has been given to me and my CL is $600. Now, my husband also has his own Credit One Bank credit card and he has never once gotten this offer from them. Can anyone tell me why this is?? He has pretty good credit, much better credit than mine in fact and he has maintained this account perfectly with no lates or anything derogatory and still only has a $450 credit limit. My credit limit is higher than his and my credit is still a train wreck. Anyone know how they chose to give those "pay $24.99 for CLI offers"? Is it just the luck of the draw??? because I've been checking his account regularly looking for that offer to up his CL. (hoping to buy a home within a year a looking for as many little points I can squeeze out as possible)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit One Bank pay $$ for CLI

I wouldn't pay them anymore.  Just garden what you have until you can get revolving accounts to replace them.  They are quite expensive.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.