Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Charge-Off Removed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One Charge-Off Removed!

I sent a goodwill e-mail last week to the CEO of Credit One asking for removal of the trade-line after I paid in full to Midland. I got an e-mail from the office saying they were reviewing my request and would contact me by mail. Well, today I woke up to a myFICO alert and saw that the charge-off has been removed from all three CRAs! 

I still have some charge-offs so my score wasn't affected but I'm slowly chipping away. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit One Charge-Off Removed!

Good work.
Message 2 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I guess they were feeling good because I did this last week via email to the CEO as well, and yesterday my Credit One Charge-off was removed as well! Jumped my Experian Mortgage score up from 595 to 618. Hoping the same will happen with my Capital One account as well. Nice work Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 49
aircobra
Regular Contributor

Can either of you PM me the email address?

Currently rebuilding:
1/18 -
7/19 -

Message 4 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!!! I'm super hopeful I caught them still in a good mood! I sent my email this week. Got an email back a couple hours later that they will review. No changes yet. 

Message 5 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed it's been a few days, didn't see this! If you still need the email address, inbox me!

@aircobra wrote:

Can either of you PM me the email address?

Message 6 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would appreciate the email address as well! One of the last "baddies" I need to take care of. Please PM me. 

Message 7 of 49
aahghs

Lucky you!  They told me they had no financial interest and were reporting correctly and would not remove the charge off tradeline from my report Smiley Sad Even though Midland is paid in full. 

Message 8 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a suggestion here, but you should consider freezing the following credit reporting agencies: sagestreem, lexusNexus, Innvosis, Ars. Once you freeze these credit reporting companies. You should dispute anything "bad"  in your credit files. Once you freeze thoses accounts, it will be very diffcult for transunion, equifax, and experian to verify any information, you are disputing 

Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind PM’ing me the contact info as well? Also did you use a good will template? Thanks!

Btw awesome work! Congrats!
Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.