Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Charge Off Sold to MCM

tag
movinup1
New Contributor

Credit One Charge Off Sold to MCM

I had a Credit One account that was charged off ($450) and sold to MCM.  Worst possible combo, right???  Lol!  Anyway, The Credit One is reporting as Charged Off, $0 Balance.  Midland is reporting as what looks like a revolving account and saying I owe $770.  I did a DV, and a dispute of MCM, and now guess who's blowing my phone  up?  3 phone calls today alone.  I told the rep that I wanted to settle for 60% of the original balance, in exchange for deletion.  He said that was not possible, and then went on to tell me that the balance would continue to accrue interest, etc... Well since I was at work, I promptly ended the call.  Now, my hamster wheel is turning, pondering the best way to handle this. 

Is there any way I could get Credit One to accept a settlement? Then do a DV and get Midland deleted?  I'm not opposed to paying--after all it's my debt.  But I'm not paying 2x the original balance, and on the principle I don't want to give Midland a dime! 

Anybody else out there with this horibble combination of creditors?  Advice?  I have combed the forums, and have bookmarked lots of threads, just wondering if there were any fresh eyes out there...

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
movinup1
New Contributor

Re: Credit One Charge Off Sold to MCM

Nevermind... just realized that since OC is reporting $0, then they can't take my money...  I guess it's time to playing the game with MCM.  Smiley Mad 

I guess I'll just go in with an absurdly low offier to the highest person on their totem pole I can find.  I'll give that a few tries before I go any higher.  Wish me luck...

Starting Score: 498
Current Score: 660
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
jerrod76
Valued Member

Re: Credit One Charge Off Sold to MCM

Am i reading this right.  The oc and the ca are both reporting the same account?  If so theres at least some good news, you can dispute the oc,  and have them deleted.  They dont get to double dip.  Good luck with muckland.  They re usually collectivly suffering from  "Mod Cut"Smiley Happy

Please refrain from using foul or derogatory language,Lightnin,myFICO moderator

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.