Did you mean: 

Credit One Pre-qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Pre-qualify

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi Greatnowwhat,

I love your screen name! lol  That's how I feel most days.  I welcome and appreciate all advice.  I think I will pull the trigger and apply for a Capital One card as soon as the card my mom added me to as an AU hits my credit report.  Maybe it will give me a score boost, that's what I am hoping for anyway.  Your reasons all seem to be valid and I understand your line of thinking.  Can I ask, how many inquiries would be considered excessive?  I would just like to have an idea.

Sorry for the delay, i've had a busy couple of days.

Screen name - Smiley Happy thanks A1.  Kind of smart a** after reading it out loud.  the way i meant it was more like "this is awesome, what challenge can i overcome next".  Glad you like it, i certainly have my days Smiley Wink

Inquiries - Excessive is a relative term, not sure how to answer this.  unless all your inquiries were in the past few months i think you will be ok with cap one.  Especially since you already used the pre-qualify site.

I really don't have a lot of knowledge about inquiries and that is something i would like to learn more about.  I do know that it is an important data point and some lenders are more sensitive to it than others.  It is good that you are being cautious, if your goal is a larger purchase like a home or an auto i would continue your research and have a clear plan so you are not wasting HP inquiries for no reason.  I read a lot of posts that say "if i had only known" lol.  At the same time though you can't score unless you shoot.

Hope this info helps.

Message 31 of 33
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Well I received a pre-approval letter from Credit One today after pre-qualifying on their website. I wish it was from Capital One instead. I'm still going to hold out for now. If I app with Cap One and am denied then I will give Credit One a chance. Hopefully I will get a pre-approval letter from Cap 1 since they know that I am interested due to the pre-qualify app I did.
***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did things go with applying? I am looking to apply and was wondering how things turned out for you. Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.