Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One Success

tag
mblackburn727
Established Member

Credit One Success

So I wanted to up my credit line with CreditOne but I didn't want a hard inquiry.  I ended up emailing the OTP and got a call back.  She put my CLI request in and was denied, but she offered to put an appeal/2nd request in to which I agreed.  A day later she called back and they gave me a CLI with no fee and no hard inquiry.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One Success

Not sure what your credit situation is, but there are far better alternatives to Credit One and First Premier.

Message 2 of 6
mblackburn727
Established Member

My credit isn't stellar yet, which is why this is posted in the Rebuilding Credit forum.  Obviously Chase, Amex, Discover, etc. are far better perhaps but I'm not there yet.

Message 3 of 6
biglista88
Regular Contributor

I agree with rising scores, I just closed my account with them. Good riddance. Closing my garbage FP cards as well after my year of waived fees is over. I have real cards now lol
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally understand that your credit isn't stellar.  That's all of our story here.  But with those cards you're essentialliy paying 50% interest on your credit limit just in annual and monthly fees (even more the first year when you mix in the activation fee) even if you don't charge a penny.  You mix in interest on any charges and you're getting close to 75% interest.  IMO it's not worth paying that much on a $300 CL.  You're far better off saving up $200-$300 over a month or two and opening a secured card from a reputible company.  Then you can take the amount you're paying in monthly fees and increase the CL on your secured card a few times a year.  With the secured card you can also PIF each month and really pay no interest.  So now you've accomplished the same thing (established a positive TL), but in 9 months when you can qualify for a reputible unsecured card you'll get a nice $300+ check when you close the secured card. 

Message 5 of 6
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Really wish I'd known about how great secured cards could be earlier on. I've paid all fees that Rising Scores speaks of and it sucks. Oh well, it still got me to where I was going.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.