Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One charge off

tag
homeinfuture
Contributor

Credit One charge off

I had a Credit One card with a $300 limit that I foolishly let get charged off. The balance shows as $0 on all of my reports so I took a chance and sent an e-mail to the office of the president hoping for a GW removal of the trade line. I just got a call from a nice woman today that informed me that they were investigating and would contact me with the results soon..... Hoping for a miricale deletion on this one.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Credit One charge off

Good luck. Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 13
dave36021
Regular Contributor

I am waiting as well I sent off a email on 9/3 I got a response on 9/4 saying that they got the email and are currently reviewing and that they could not respond via email and would do so oin writing, as of today it is still on my experian, not sure about TU as I have a open dispute and can not access the report at this time and it is still on my Equifax as of today 

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have faith, they seem to be responsive on these matters. I sent my GW letter to the CEO on 8/12 as part of 4 letters to the EO and on 8/27 I noticed it was gone. Today in the mail I had a letter from Credit One and the Office of the President dated 9/9 as follows:

September 9, 2014

Mr. Awesome

1234 Awesome Lane

Awesomeville , AW 54444

Re: Account Number Ending In: 1234

Dear Mr. Awesome:

Credit One Bank ("Credit One") is in receipt of your communication dated August 12, 2014, which was received on August 12, 2014. Please note that this letter is not an attempt to collect a debt, but is in response to your communication.

Credit One states that due to non-payment on the account, the account was sold on or about March 9, 2XXX, to the third-party agency referenced below.   Therefore, Credit One no longer has an ownership interest in this credit card account. Accordingly, any request regarding this debt after the above sale date should be directed to the following agency:

Resurgent Capital Services 55 Beattie Place, Suite 400 Greenville, SC 2960 l (888) 665-0374

Upon review of your request, and examination of our records, we initiated the process of removing the Credit One tradeline from your credit history. However, any derogatory reporting of this account by any other lender will need to be addressed by you directly with the other lender. If you need to provide evidence of the requested change prior to the credit reporting agencies' ability to update their records, please provide a copy of this letter.

Following, are the credit reporting agencies to which we have provided the aforementioned information:

Experian: (888) 397-3742

TransUnion: (800) 888-4213

Equifax: (800) 685- 1111 , (888) 766-0008

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact our office at (877) 825-3242, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).

Sincerely,

Credit One Bank, N.A.

SU/kl C: file

They just did it, no follow-up or anything and sent this letter a little over a week after deleting it. Since I paid the company they sold it to years ago, it was a win-win as far as I am concerned. If they follow suit, it will just be gone and you will get a similar letter!

Message 4 of 13
joeyoey
Frequent Contributor

Like many companies, I think it depends on who gets the letter.  I sent them a goodwill letter a few months ago not expecting much.  About a week later I received a call & they agreed to delete the account and a few days after that it dropped from all three accounts.  Good luck!

Starting Score (02/01/2014): EQ 548 EX 548 TU 564
Current/Most Recent FICO Score (4/01/2015): EQ 686 EX 668 TU 669
Nov 1, 2015 Goal: 700 Across all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

test

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, would you mind sending me the CEO name and mailing address that you used?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

could you please add a copy of the CEO, address and good will letter?

Message 7 of 13
skeetch
New Contributor

Could I.get that info too?

Starting Score: 612
Current Score: 612
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 13
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

FYI this thread is pretty old. You may or may not get an answer

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I please get the ceo email and contact info, for credit one bank.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.