Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One did DELETE off reports......

tag
penny_e
Established Member

Credit One did DELETE off reports......

I sent the ceo office a gw letter and asked them to remove paid collection and a few hours later the office mang emailed back and said she would send me a letter. She never did send a letter but its gone off all the reports. I was discouraged after reading on the boards its near impossible to be done and I did it. In my letter I was very personalble, I said the truth, lost job and had to choose between paying my gas bill or paying them, I appoligized to them yes I ate crow, lol and explained that I wanted to move and am trying in vein to clean credit report to make that happen which I am, and that was it. It worked. Whew, ....another baddie bites the dust.  I think the key is with them is it cant sound like its a generated letter.

Good luck to all who try, its totally possible.

VICTORIA SECRET $850 MERRICK BANK $950 WALMART $600 AMAZON STORE $800 CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $1500 CAPITAL ONE PLATINUM $800
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit One did DELETE off reports......

Nice, grats Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice job!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@penny_e wrote:

I sent the ceo office a gw letter and asked them to remove paid collection and a few hours later the office mang emailed back and said she would send me a letter. She never did send a letter but its gone off all the reports. I was discouraged after reading on the boards its near impossible to be done and I did it. In my letter I was very personalble, I said the truth, lost job and had to choose between paying my gas bill or paying them, I appoligized to them yes I ate crow, lol and explained that I wanted to move and am trying in vein to clean credit report to make that happen which I am, and that was it. It worked. Whew, ....another baddie bites the dust.  I think the key is with them is it cant sound like its a generated letter.

Good luck to all who try, its totally possible.

Congratulations on being able to get it removed.  Also thanks for sharing your experience with our myFICO community as well.

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.