cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One goodwill success, but Capital One denied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One goodwill success, but Capital One denied?

So I sent the same letter (email) to Credit One Bank (Yes, I know...but it's an old old card..so I'm keeping it for AAoA) and Capital One requesting a goodwill on a 30 day and 60 day (consecutive). I was in college at the time and yada yada. This was exactly two years ago and everything has been on time since.

Anyways, I got at least four phone calls from the Capital One EO office saying they were going to have to send it "up the chain" and another phone call back they were still processing, utimitely to tell me they can't grant my request at this time. I did see in another thread that Cap One has been bombed by these requests, so maybe they're turning everyone down?

However, Credit One Bank sent me a nice little letter saying "We recevied your request and have submitted to the credit agencies to remove any late marks. Please feel free to use this notice to send to them..."

Anyone had this happen yet?

What I really want to it....*ahem*, hypothetically speaking, is get Photoshop out, scan my Credit One letter in and copy/past the Capital One logo over the letter and send that in to the CRA. Smiley Happy  Again, that is all hypothetical and just for amusement.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit One goodwill success, but Capital One denied?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I sent the same letter (email) to Credit One Bank (Yes, I know...but it's an old old card..so I'm keeping it for AAoA) and Capital One requesting a goodwill on a 30 day and 60 day (consecutive). I was in college at the time and yada yada. This was exactly two years ago and everything has been on time since.

Anyways, I got at least four phone calls from the Capital One EO office saying they were going to have to send it "up the chain" and another phone call back they were still processing, utimitely to tell me they can't grant my request at this time. I did see in another thread that Cap One has been bombed by these requests, so maybe they're turning everyone down?

However, Credit One Bank sent me a nice little letter saying "We recevied your request and have submitted to the credit agencies to remove any late marks. Please feel free to use this notice to send to them..."

What I really want to it....*ahem*, hypothetically speaking, is get Photoshop out, scan my Credit One letter in and copy/past the Capital One logo over the letter and send that in to the CRA. Smiley Happy  Again, that is all hypothetical and just for amusement.

Congratulations on your success with Credit One. I know you said it is an amusing hypothetical but if you really get tempted by that idea, I'd suggest you dismiss it. At least one of the credit reporting agencies is known to dismiss what you send, and ask the creditor directly which I think could cause you some major troubles. Also, even if it isn't, it is definitely fraudulent.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah like I said, it was for amusement purposes since Credit One basically stole Capital One's name AND logo. That will not happen. I will just send another in a few months Smiley Happy

However, hypothetically speaking, most CRA employees are just too damned lazy and are timed on how quick they process requests. I'd imagine for something that small, they'd just go ahead and make the adjustment (probably 80% chance).

Anyone have any Capital One goodwill late successes?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was reading on the internet that people have MUCH better luck getting lates off their account, especially when it was a "bank error" kind of deal. For example, if you tried to submit a payment online and thought it went through, but it didn't and now it's showing up late, they'll take care of you even when the EO won't.

It took me all of 5 minutes (not days like EO) and he said he'd file a dispute with the CRA as a goodwill. Smiley Happy

Brandon

Message 4 of 14
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

I've tried muliple GW letters and the EO route with Capital One and they won't budge.  I have 3 lates with them from early 2011 thank to my now ex-wife and perfect record with them since. 

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your Credit 1 success, Cap-1 will be a beast to deal with, they may be more receptive the older it becomes.

Message 6 of 14
psydian
Established Member

Can you please PM me the e-mail/contact info you used for Credit One?  I have a 30 day late from over 2 years ago I'd like to get removed.  The only bad mark left on my reports.  The account is still open and I have otherwise had perfect payment history with them.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
hopefull700
Valued Member

Can someone PM me with the Credit One information.  I have a 30 day late.  Missed the payment by 3 days. my husband is authorized user with good credit report and because of my error, we are both showing the 30 day late.  He went thru the roof!  Thanks

i would like to email them if possible or whatever method has been successful to any of you guys.

Message 8 of 14
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Honestly I dont think these CRA actually take the time out to directly verify with the creditors any documents submitted by the consumer. Im hard pressed to assume they would take the consumer's word so long as it's on some official letterhead or something... but to the OP BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT DOING THIS COS YOU COULD POTENTIALLY LAND YOURSELF IN LEGAL TROUBLES YOU NEVER BARGAINED FOR. JUST MY OPINION AND GOODLUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!!

Message 9 of 14
deedee25
Established Member

If you still have info for credit one can some please pm me the info trying to get these two late removals off

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.