Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One is gone BUT...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One is gone BUT...

I got a letter in the mail from the "Presidents Office" saying they were removing the tradeline from my report but the collection agency is still reporting and the letter states 

"Upon review of your request and examination of our records we initiated the process of removing the Credit One tradeline from your credit history. However any derogatory reporting of this account by any other lender will need to be addressed by you directly with the other lender. If you need to provide evidence of the requested change prior to the credit reporting agencies' ability to update their records, please provide a copy of this letter"

Exactly what does that mean?

- Do i need to contact Midland and tell them credit one removed this and they need to do so as well. 

- I don't understand why credit one wouldn't recall the debt from the collection agency since they're removing the tradeline. 

- Do I still need to pay this outstanding debt to credit one since they've removed the tradeline or what?

Please assist.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One is gone BUT...

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a letter in the mail from the "Presidents Office" saying they were removing the tradeline from my report but the collection agency is still reporting and the letter states 

"Upon review of your request and examination of our records we initiated the process of removing the Credit One tradeline from your credit history. However any derogatory reporting of this account by any other lender will need to be addressed by you directly with the other lender. If you need to provide evidence of the requested change prior to the credit reporting agencies' ability to update their records, please provide a copy of this letter"

- Do i need to contact Midland and tell them credit one removed this and they need to do so as well. They won't care what Credit One does.

- I don't understand why credit one wouldn't recall the debt from the collection agency since they're removing the tradeline. Because they sold the account and do not want to buy it back.

- Do I still need to pay this outstanding debt to credit one since they've removed the tradeline or what? No, the debt is owed to Midland now. That is who you have to settle it with.

Please assist.

Message 2 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

- Do i need to contact Midland and tell them credit one removed this and they need to do so as well. They won't care what Credit One does.

- I don't understand why credit one wouldn't recall the debt from the collection agency since they're removing the tradeline. Because they sold the account and do not want to buy it back.

- Do I still need to pay this outstanding debt to credit one since they've removed the tradeline or what? No, the debt is owed to Midland now. That is who you have to settle it with.

Please assist.

^^^This!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please assist.

^^^This!!

Gaaah i thought I had something good dang it. Have either of you heard or have any success with midland funding?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please assist.

^^^This!!

Gaaah i thought I had something good dang it. Have either of you heard or have any success with midland funding?

You do have something good - the OC deleted their CO. Thats a major derog gone.

Message 5 of 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

You could try PFD, and include the letter from the OC.. But congrats on getting the OC derog deleted..

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Please assist.

^^^This!!

You do have something good - the OC deleted their CO. Thats a major derog gone.

Thanks, i really didnt look at it that way since I didn't notice any score increase. But it's better than nothing

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.