cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One monthly score--- Experian Fako?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One monthly score--- Experian Fako?

Sorry if this is a rehash, but I just trying to verify if credit one's monthly score that shows up on my online account page is Experian or Vantage? It jumped from 618 to 753 between last month and this month, and while i been working very diligently and with great success to dispute/GW/lower util., I don't want any false hopes about  what it could actually be. Even though I really really *really* want it to be 753 obviously. Older posts on here state that it is indeed EX fako, but I haven't seen any info of late.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One monthly score--- Experian Fako?

MyFico is the only site that sells real FICO scores - but they only sell EQ and TU. Experian FICO's can only be obtained through creditor pulls, or PSECU if you are a member. If you paid for a score for EX, it's a FAKO score.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@js0319 wrote:

MyFico is the only site that sells real FICO scores - but they only sell EQ and TU. Experian FICO's can only be obtained through creditor pulls, or PSECU if you are a member. If you paid for a score for EX, it's a FAKO score.

That's not quite correct. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

It's the same version (Beacon 5.0) that is sold here.

Message 3 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

Credit one uses Experian to make up the score that is reported to you on their website.  It would be considered a Fako or vantage score. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll go ahead and feel good about the score bump anyway Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
namvet
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks, I'll go ahead and feel good about the score bump anyway Smiley Wink

Why not, a bump up is a good thing!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.