Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One reports charge off

tag
wendlan
Regular Contributor

Credit One reports charge off

Credit One from 2009 continues to report charge off on my reports when they were included in my chapter 13 bankruptcy. I disputed over and over but they continue to report charge off. Now they updated to placed for collection on Equifax. What do I do? This was discharged in CH 13 bankruptcy.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One reports charge off

I hope you have your BK paperwork with the list of creditors.... 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you contacted your attorney?. Also after you filed bankruptcy, did it state on the credit report that they were "Included In Bankruptcy". You should have the original order filed with the court at the time of bankruptcy that has them listed as "Included In Bankruptcy". All accounts "Included In Bankruptcy" should be reported as such during the process and once discharged, they should report -0- balance. "Included In Bankruptcy" "Discharged". They cannot legally come after you if they were "Included". I hope this helps.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question. Did you file Chapter 13 in 2009 or where you discharged in 2009?

Message 4 of 8
wendlan
Regular Contributor

yes I have my bankruptcy papers,filed in 2010 discarged 2014

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it just recent 2014? Also what do your other two reports have the Credit One listed as?

Message 6 of 8
wendlan
Regular Contributor

discharge was 2014, it has been reported as charge off since i started looking at it 6 months ago,it says charge off on all 3 reports,i disputed it with all 3 credit reports and they continue to report charge off, today i got an alert from myfico they changed it to placed for collections

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you disputed this with each credit bureau, did you send in supporting original BK paperwork which would have stated that the Credit One account was part of the scheduled bankruptcy plan? If not, I would do so right away and also include your discharge paper as well. If this does not work, I would highly recommend contacting your attorney about this issue. Again, if this was "Included" in the plan and on your list of creditors schedule, then legally they cannot do this.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.