cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One reports new "Key Derogatory" after GW letter 1.5 years after the account was PIF with CA.

tag
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Credit One reports new "Key Derogatory" after GW letter 1.5 years after the account was PIF with CA.

DOFD: Dec, 2010

Paid in full with CA: July, 2011

No data and a zero balance from August 2011 until Nov 2012.

Then in December after I sent a GW letter asking to remove as the debt was paid in full, They report a new Key Derog and the account, although still showing a zero balance now says "delinquent"

I actually had a creditor deny me because they said I have a delinquent account in the last 6 months.

**bleep** can I do to fix this?

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672, 681, 692
Goal Score: 700, 700, 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit One reports new "Key Derogatory" after GW letter 1.5 years after the account wa

The KD is not the CA, that is a code used by the CRAs.

Does the TL show currently delinquent?

Message 2 of 7
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit One reports new "Key Derogatory" after GW letter 1.5 years after the account wa

Thanks for the reply.

I should clarify that I'm viewing this KD on the "account detail" of my experian report.

The GW was sent to the OC not the CA... actually the CA's TL only shows up on TU (along side the OC tradeline), EQ and EX only show the OC tradeline.

Anyway, the TL shows "Account Status: Closed"

There is another account which is incorrectly reporting a past due balance although the account is marked closed, but it has no activity reported since 2011 and the "delinquent account" notification is new. Hope this makes sense.

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Oh.  Well either way the KD is a CRA code.

The account showing a past due balance should report 0, is that correct?  It is reporting delinquent because it is reporting a past due balance.  This is an OC account?

Just trying to wrap my head around what you are saying.

Message 4 of 7
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

I'm trying to wrap my head around it too Smiley Happy but yes, I think that is correct.

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Which account did you send the GW to and it started reporting delinquent?  It can't be delinquent if it is paid, however they can still report it has a CO or collection because that it what it was before paid.  They can also report the worst delinquency but not currently delinquent.

The one reporting a past due balance that should be paid is another account correct?  Have you ever disputed this one.?

Message 6 of 7
ChuckG
Regular Contributor

Actually now that I think about it. I am not clear on which one is reporting as "delinquent" in the summary.

There are 3 "negative" tradelines on my report.

#1 is a Credit Card (OC)

Balance: $0

Account Status: Closed

Past Due: $0

Payment Status: Charge-Off

Comments: Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

Last Activitty is a KD in Dec, 2012 (same month I send the GW to them, 1.5 years of "No Data" before that)

This is an account which was Paid in full with the CA Aug 2011. The CA updated their tradeline to read Paid and closed.

#2 is a Credit Union Auto Loan

Balance: (blank)

Past Due: (blank)

Payment Status: Charge-Off

Comments: (blank)

Last Activity is a KD in Feb 2011

This account was paid in full with a lawyer (not a CA, never had a collection or a tradeline, just a threat of lawsuit) Jan 2013

#3 is a Credit Card

Balance: (blank)

Past Due: $11,669.00

Payment Status: Past due 180 days

Comments: Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

Last activity is an OK in May 2012 (when it was sold to the CA)

This account was settled with the CA and I negotiated with the CA to have the "collection" removed from my reports. However this tradeline remains with a past due balance.

In my summary I have 1 delinquent account (I shouldn't have any, there are no outstanding debts) and it also says "It has been 0.3 Years since the last time negative information was listed on one of your accounts." which is also incorrect.

Can I dispute the KD on my first credit card? Can I dispute the past due amount on the other one? Will either of those do me any good? Also, I'm not necissarily looking for a score increase, I'd just like the summary to be more accurate as when I was applying to rent a new place, they were asking me why I had "recent delinquencies" when I told them I had been current on everything since May 2011 and recently settled all of my past debts completely.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.