Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

Credit One

Do they have a grace period?  My due date is 9/9 and I am flat broke until 9/15.  Will they report me if I don't pay till the 15th?

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit One

In my experience, no! They report ASAP

I made an express payment the day after my due date, and they still hit me with a 30day

Message 2 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

They can charge a late fee, but can't report you as late until you are 30 days late past the due date, in your case on October 9th.
Message 3 of 10
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

I'm willing to eat the late fee, I just can't afford a 30 day.

BOA Cash Rewards - $500 Capital One Quicksilver: $750 Merrick Double Your Line Visa.- $1000 Mission Lane: $400 Grain: $875 J Crew: $1100
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not supposed to report until 30 days late. If so you can dispute it.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Past experience speaking from me, I once had a credit one card an I was about a week late and they did not report 30 late. Also I asked them to do a late fee reversal and they did without a problem. The only thing was I had to speak to someone overseas that barely spoke english (I so hate this, and this is a reason why I am trying now to do business with CU's). But long story short I made an explaination and the CSR reversed the late fee. Also I had the card for almost a year. PS NEVER USE THE EXPRESS PAYMENT OPTION. It is a total rip off, and it will just shaft you every time you use it (the fee is charged to the card, not deducted from your payment)

Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The common CRA reporting manual clearly states that a late does not become reportable until it reaches thirty days past the billing due date.

It is a CRA policy, not an FCRA definition.

If they do report as a 30 day late and you have paid prior to expiration of 30 days from the billing due date. then you can dispute, citing the CRA reporting manual as basis for the inaccurate reporting.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it sucks but can you borrow the minimum payment. I'm assuming it can't be that much since credit one for the most part is always a low limit. Or maybe even call them and tell them your situation
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you borrow? I'm not making light of the payment (I KNOW what's it's like to be broke). But I would seriously try to borrow and get that payment made on time. 

Message 9 of 10
haleyjen
Regular Contributor

I can try, but just wanted to know in case I can't.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.