Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit One

I had a Credit One account a couple years ago and last week I paid what I owed as they were going to take me to court and put a judgment on my report. Couldn't afford the judgment. Unfortunately, Midland Credit Management who had the account won't take it off but will report it as paid and said at the beginning of the year it falls off.

However, due to the information I learned from stalking these boards about emailing the president, I did that and a over the weekend I got a letter stating since the account was with Midland I had to deal with them (which I knew) but they are going to delete the TL which still reports. Told me check my reports in 30-60 days!!

I'm on my way!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Credit One

Well doneSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

THe president of Credit One or Midland?  I just posted about Midland and my situation, I got a dismissal from Midland in court and still battling them to get off my report.  however if you have any suggestions to also work on getting Credit One to drop the info on my report I would love to hear any suggestions.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @AverageJoesCredit !!!
Message 4 of 7
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

That's great. Keep us posted.

I emailed them today to remove 2 late payments so I am hoping they come through (fingers crossed)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bill3773 Hi! I had no luck with Midland I read your post and they told me the same thing about 2 years even after I paid my credit account balance. I can't believe even after you pay they will do nothing but I guess it is what it is. I Googled the address for the President of Credit One and at first was requesting them to forgive my account and was very honest about what transpired in my life that had me go back on my obligation to pay them. When I didnt get an email back I figured it was a dead end. But like I said after I paid Midland fate would have it that I got my response from Credit One about deleting the TL.

The only suggestion I can give is sending an email to the President and being very open and honest about the situation and go from there. I can PM the email address if you would like.

Good luck!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34 I surely will!! You guys gave me the confidence to handle things that I've been running from. They seem to be receptive so hoping it works out for you!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.