Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Protection Associates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Protection Associates

Hello!

I am one week away from closing a USDA loan. My insurance rate is a little on the high side, so I need to get a credit waiver (for my front end dti) for my loan to finish up. To do so, I need to raise my score 8 more points. It was suggested that I contact Credit Protection Associates to remove a paid collection account that is right at one year old. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company and if there is any particular contact number/email address that anyone has had the best results with getting an account deleted. I paid it before I joined this forum and so I do not have PFD leverage unfortunately. I have tried sending goodwill letters to any and all addresses I can find on them but there is never a response. Any help would be appreciated as I am on a time crunch to close my loan and am in somewhat of a panic.

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Protection Associates

I had 3 accounts from them on my report, all paid. 2 medical and 1 utility, all from 2005/2006. I called the number on my report because of an error I noticed where the 2 medical collections were reporting as unpaid at one bureau. It took less than 5 minutes on the phone for a lady to say she would delete the 2 medical. I was hoping for all 3, but here's what I did...

They were super slow to delete so I had the same lady email me a letter that I faxed to the bureaus. Then I disputed the utility bill. It's been 2 weeks so far and no update. I'm pretty sure it won't be updated either since it seems they could care less about paid collections.

Good luck!

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.