Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Protection Association Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Protection Association Help

Hi Guys,

I am new here, but do really hope somebody can help.

I was just recently hit with a collections notice from Credit Protection Association for $44 for an old Brighthouse/Spectrum Bill that I knew nothing about. 

I have contacted CPA and they have said I am in a 30 day grace period, where if I pay within those 30 days this debt does not get reported to the credit bureus? However, I am concerned that they will report it regardless.

Does anyone have some knowledge on this topic or with this organization to help paint a clearer picture of what I should do. 

They currently seem very unwilling to send me any documentation stating that if paid within 30 days it would not get reported, but have continually told me verbally that this is the case.

Many thanks for reading, fingers crossed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Protection Association Help

Well no one came in with any information so I went ahead and paid the $44 over the phone with CPA

they confirmed that they will send out a receipt stating it has been settled and that it will not be reflected on my credit reports.

hope I did the right theing (?)

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 5
faithincredit
New Contributor

I know that I am pretty late to the party but I just got a ping on my CR from them also.  What was your final result from them?  Did it end up on your report?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 accounts on my reports from them and nobody here seems to have any information on them. Dv
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.