Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Protection Association Success!!

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Credit Protection Association Success!!

Credit Protection is one of the last two CA's still reporting on my reports. After dipsuting with TU, EX, and EQ, only EX was deleted, still waiting for EX but TU came back verified, of course. So today I decided to call the OC which was Charter Communications at the time but the area has since been taken over by Allegiance Communications. I got their billing dept. Explained to rep my situation. She put me on hold and got a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor again I had an account go to collection in 06, paid in 07 and I'm trying to get it deleted from all 3 reports. She did some research in her files, found the account, as well as a new one I recently closed with them due to moving. She told me she noted both the charged off account and the account the was PIF and closed that any negative info should be deleted from all 3 CRA's. She also stated she would call the Credit Protection and tell me to delete! I got her contact info and she said call back next week and she should have the letter in hand stating they will delete from all three CRA's as well as send a copy to me. While she was digging, she noticed that I also had a $30.00 credit on my recently closed account in which she said a check would also be mailed to me in that amount! I will keep everyone updated on this!!!!

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Protection Association Success!!

That's really great. I am also dealing with CPA - any chance you could share the first name of the woman you dealt with?

Thanks!

Cheri in Atlanta

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.