Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Protection Association

tag
Tyrran
Established Member

Credit Protection Association

Hey guys,

I did a search in which brought up a number of posts regarding CPA. Seems as if they are a very hard nut to crack! Anyways, it seems like a lot of people are not having luck PFD'ing them. Does anyone have a success story with them where they could PM me some contact information? I have a $250 cable bill that is haunting me! I will PIF right now!

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit Protection Association

If the OC owns it see if you can pay them and have CPA remove the collections.  They can ask but it is up to CPA whether they do or not.

Message 2 of 37
Tyrran
Established Member

Guiness,

It is for Comcast. I will call them and see if I can pay them. So, if they allow me to pay them do I just ask the rep on the phone if they can contact CPA to remove the collection from all 3 bureaus?

Message 3 of 37
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can ask if they can recall the account from CPA, which they can do.  Also ask them to ask CPA to delete their TL.  They don't have to but sometimes if the OC asks them they will.

Message 4 of 37
LibraMama87
Established Member

I would also appreciate any contact information for Credit Protection Associations. I have sent a few PFD's with no response. If anyone has a specific name or email that I can forward the letters to, please send me a PM. I will be forever grateful! Comcast is claiming they cannot pull the account back from the CA, so, my only luck lies in getting someone from CPA to actually respond.

~*Rebuild Mode*~
Starting Score: EQ FICO 520/ TU FICO 503 (2/23/13)
Current Score: EQ FICO 574 (4/15/13)/ TU FICO 582 (4/12/13)
Goal Score: 1st goal = to break 600
2nd goal = Over 700 all around
Message 5 of 37
Tyrran
Established Member

They are giving me the same crap. I definitely need a contact at CPA because they arent budging when it comes to my pfd's
Message 6 of 37
flinjami83
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat! CPA is on my CR with Comcast being OC! I sent a PFD via snail mail but no reply yet. Just want this to be removed and it's such a small bal; $133! I'm willing to PIF for delete but dunno how to get them to agree. Might just call CPA!

Starting Score: 595 (2/22/13)
Current Score: FICO 624 (4/22/2014)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 37
LibraMama87
Established Member

My spouse also has an old Comcast account with them and called them yesterday to see if they were willing to do a PFD, even though I told him that written agreements are the way to go. Anyway, the rep over the phone told him they don't do that. Hopefully someone can send us the name and address or email of a good contact for CPA! I'm tired of waiting for their response.

~*Rebuild Mode*~
Message 8 of 37
Joteism
Regular Contributor

Comcast and CPA seem to be nearly impossible to agree to delete. I've spoken to several people in CPA and none of them budged. Same thing with Comcast - Spoke to regular CSR and then to EO and both shot me down - "We can ask CPA to send you a letter stating that the debt has been satisfied in full, but we do not delete accurate trade lines". I still haven't given up though. I just sent another letter out last week and I have an active BBB case (I think I explained the reason in my other posts in regards to CPA - do a search). There are two email addresses on CPA's website - artofcollections@ and info@, so try contacting them through there as well. Good luck!

Message 9 of 37
LibraMama87
Established Member

So, after much digging I finally found an email address for the manager at CPA. I sent an email to her and to the general email address on their website last night. In the email, I mentioned how I have not gotten a reply after sending off my PFD's, and basically stated that I am willing to PIF for deletion from my TU report (which is the only report they were showing on). Anyway, I just went to refresh my TU report today for the heck of it and they are GONE. I haven't even sent in payment so I'm wondering what happened??? I wonder if they are gone for good? Is it possible that they removed it to validate the debt and then will re-insert it? I'm still learning how things work with this process, but anyhow, if they did remove it for good then I am happy as can be!

~*Rebuild Mode*~
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.