Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Questions! Please Help! NCO/Jeff Cap

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Questions! Please Help! NCO/Jeff Cap

I'm currently working on improving things on my credit reports. I have a few questions and i hope all of you can help me in some way.

1) I have a single account auto loan with Crescent Bank & Trust that is listed as a joint account. I have called them several times to dispute this, and finally was told it was fixed in their system and to file a dispute with the CB's and that would initiate the change on their reports. Will this have an effect?

2) I sent a PFD to jefferson capital and they replied that it is now settled. I sent them no money and they sent me no remittance information. it is already updated on my reports as a settled account with 0 balance. what is my best course of action in this matter? Do I send another PFD, GW for removal?

3) I sent a DV to NCO for an account I honestly have no knowledge of. It appears that on most occasions they just delete it anyways. Its been 3 weeks and still no reply. i read you should wait 30-45 days. has anyone had any issues with them not replying to the DV?

4) I have a judgement that will come off my report in May, is there anyway to estimate how much of a change that will have?

i appreciate all your help and kind replies in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Questions! Please Help! NCO/Jeff Cap

BUMP

Message 2 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

1) joint account....The way I see it would mean, that the account is held by 2 people jointly responsible for the auto loan.IME, I've never seen a bank drop one person off a joint account. Do you have a co-signer?

2)What I would do is to be honest and send another PFD and see if that works because the way it sits on your CR it's dinging your CS.

Also if you send a GW asking for a removal, they may just find their mistake and not agree to a delete, by not being honest about it.

3)You're right 3wks may not be long enough,send another DV if you feel you need to.Also Do you know who the OC is? If yes, contact the OC and see if they will accept payment and call back the CA. If you don't know who the OC is, look on your Free annual CR's they tend to have more detailed info on them.

4) I donno

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) joint account....The way I see it would mean, that the account is held by 2 people jointly responsible for the auto loan.IME, I've never seen a bank drop one person off a joint account. Do you have a co-signer?

It was never a joint account, it was an reporting error. i have received replies to my dispute and it has been changed to individual on all accounts

2)What I would do is to be honest and send another PFD and see if that works because the way it sits on your CR it's dinging your CS.

Also if you send a GW asking for a removal, they may just find their mistake and not agree to a delete, by not being honest about it.

Thanks for the info, i will attempt another PFD

3)You're right 3wks may not be long enough,send another DV if you feel you need to.Also Do you know who the OC is? If yes, contact the OC and see if they will accept payment and call back the CA. If you don't know who the OC is, look on your Free annual CR's they tend to have more detailed info on them.

I will wait a another week or two on this then, thanks

4) I donno

Thanks

I also have a paid collection still showing up in my collections area to Charter Communications. I have sent a GW via PFB in hopes of removal, is that the proper step?

Message 4 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Yes you're correct, sending GW letters for a paid collection is the way to go.

And just to let you know, my DS had a paid collection with charter, they agreed to delete.

Hope the same for you.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

3) I sent a DV to NCO for an account I honestly have no knowledge of. It appears that on most occasions they just delete it anyways. Its been 3 weeks and still no reply. i read you should wait 30-45 days. has anyone had any issues with them not replying to the DV?

Unless you live in Texas, there is no set period for a debt collector to respond to your DV letter.  Three weeks could easily turn into three months.

If you feel that the debt was never yours, I recommend that you file a direct dispute with the debt collector under FCRA 623(a)(8).  Unlike a DV letter, which is not a dispute per se, a direct dispute requires them to complete their investigation within 30-days, and report their results back to you within 5-days thereafter.

I suggest you follow-up your DV with a direct dispute.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.