Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Rebuild Help

tag
baktabiznis
Established Member

Credit Rebuild Help

hello everyone, i am a long time lurker and a new member. i have recently decided to get responsible and fix my credit. im not sure what steps i should be taking.

all together i have 2 public records on my CR, A citibank judgment for $1,463 filed 11/24/2008 and a HSBC/Thorton American $14,559 from 06/2009.The credit items i have listed are AMERICAN EXPRESS $1,222, ASSET ACCEPTANCE $6,3545, CAPITAL ONE $749, CHASE BANK $3,870,CITI $1,463, GEM/OLD NAVY $274, HSBC AUTO FINANCE $20,146, and 2 NCO FINancial/ progressive accounts for a total of $1,000.

I have recently settled the thorton american holdingsjudgment with the law firm that had the judgment according and received a settlement letter, paid satisfaction letter and a discharge for the judgment. im not sure if i should be trying to get the accounts off my CR (judgment&HSBC OC), i have also paid in full my AMEX and applied and was granted access to the OASIS program. I have contacted ASSET Acceptance and offered a settlement over the phone and we agreed upon me being faxed a settlement i would settle for $2,087.70. The settlement letter says "we came upon a settlement agreement of $2087.70 to settle the above mentioned account, upone the clearance of the funds asset acceptance will send you a paid account letter" i wanted and asked for a letter stating this would "settle in Full" it seems like so tricky word play. i know that asset acceptance is know for reselling accounts after people agree to settle. i also am not sure of the validity of the account, am i already past that since i offered to settle?. I also contacted NCO and that faxed me a settlement for $600 for both accounts.There faxed letter states ' following our conversation on Novo xx, this letter is to inform you that the above client will accept the amount of $600 as settled, if payment is received by xx-xx-xxx" Evey time i speak to a credit agency i ask for complete deletion of the accounts from my CR and they say its not possible. im not sure if im taking the right steps, Should i be trying to validate these accounts? what are the steps? do these letters sound ok to settle with, or will i get screwed in the end? Should i only contact asset acceptance threw mail.?

P.S all the credit cards where last paid on in 2009. I live in NY

thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Rebuild Help

"I have contacted ASSET Acceptance and offered a settlement over the phone and we agreed upon me being faxed a settlement i would settle for $2,087.70. The settlement letter says "we came upon a settlement agreement of $2087.70 to settle the above mentioned account, upone the clearance of the funds asset acceptance will send you a paid account letter" i wanted and asked for a letter stating this would "settle in Full" it seems like so tricky word play. i know that asset acceptance is know for reselling accounts after people agree to settle. i also am not sure of the validity of the account, am i already past that since i offered to settle?."

If it were me and I was unsure about the debt I would DV it.

What is the DOFD? Due you know what the fall of date is from either EX or TU?

I am not sure that a settlement offer reads any better on FICO maybe one of the mods can chime in here.

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 2 of 4
baktabiznis
Established Member

can i still DV it if i verbally made them a offer (i did mention i had issues with the amount to the CS).  On my experian it says collection as of Dec 2009,date opened 11/2009. says its scheduled to continue on record until May 2014.

im lost i have never done a Dv, GW or anything like that?

please lead me in the direction i should be taking. i searched the forums but cant find a step by step for DV( and sample forums).

thank you

Message 3 of 4
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

If I am not mistaken you can DV at anytime Just keep it simple sometimes less is more Smiley Happy

your name

address

ca name

address

CMRRR_________________________________________________________________________

I dispute the validity of this debt and I respectfully ask that Under § 809 of FDCPA, send me validation of this debt.

TYPE YOUR NAME

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.