Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Recovery after short sale

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Recovery after short sale

I've always maintaned perfect credit prior to my short sale and had a score of 830 as of last year.  After a 10 month short sale nightmare with Bank of America my credit score is now 673. I was 120 days delinquent on the mortgage as this was the only way the bank would consider the short sale option.  The short sale closed out in October.  As of now I have no debt whatsoever.  I have 1 credit card with $0 balance with a $6,000 credit line. I have no other revolving accounts.  It's been 6 months since the short sale and my score has remained completely the same.  When can I expect to see my score improve?  I would like to see my score above 700 by a year after the short sale.  Is there anything I can do to expedite the process of repairing my credit score?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Credit Recovery after short sale

Don't let your CC report a 0 balance.  Let 9% or below report.  This is for optimum FICO scoring. 

You might try an installment loan for credit mix.  Get a small one and pay for it over a year or so to establish payment history.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.