Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Company (Come-pay-me)

tag
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

Credit Repair Company (Come-pay-me)

So I just enrolled w one, Sky Blue specifically, they included with their intro of reviewing disputables the following:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Personal Identification and the Credit Bureaus

The credit bureaus may respond to a a dispute with a request for ID..."

Should I send them a copy of my license? Should they even be talking with the Bureaus directly ? I thought they dealt w CA's, OC's etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Repair Company (Come-pay-me)

@SLO805 wrote:

So I just enrolled w one, Sky Blue specifically, they included with their intro of reviewing disputables the following:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Personal Identification and the Credit Bureaus

The credit bureaus may respond to a a dispute with a request for ID..."

Should I send them a copy of my license? Should they even be talking with the Bureaus directly ? I thought they dealt w CA's, OC's etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

No I would not send them ID unless requested to do so. These companies cannot do anymore than you can do yourself. They should send you prepared letters for your signature and you mail them in, then you send back the results and more letters of dispute come for things that dont disappear. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
SLO805
Frequent Contributor

$50 a month they better make a stamp of my signature. I'm busy w work and this forum lol.

Appreciate the advice, almost sent my ID to them.

Gardening 25JAN16 - 25JUL16

Message 3 of 5
haveus33nm3
Contributor

I too have signed up with Sky Blue. I signed up over a month ago and I sent my IDs when I received that email. So far, I have received acknowledgement that there are items being dispued from the three different credit agencies. I have not had any responses regarding items that were disputed succesfully as of yet, but it hasn't been past the thirty day mark for the disputes. Sky Blue does come with the guarantee that you can get your money back within the first 90 days if not satisfied with the progress. We shall see if this helps any. 

EQ 616 TU 638 EX 642 - MyFICO 4/2015

previously: EQ 578 TU 613 EX 614 - MyFICO 2/2015
Message 4 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They need your ID to pretend they are you.  CRAs are not obligated to deal with 3rd parties.  If the CRAs determine this is a 3rd party, they will mark it as frivolous and not deal with any more disputes.  As far as a credit repair organization, they are not allowed to deal directly with your creditors, OCs or CAs.  That's part of the CRO Act.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.