Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Company

tag
lalaredd
Valued Member

Credit Repair Company

Has anyone used a credit repair copany? I seen some adds on craigslist and Iam wodering if they are legit. Iam tempted to try one.

:

Starting Score: 515 Jan. 28th 2011
Current Score: 670 Today EQ
746 Today TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Repair Company

I would not.  You can do whatevery they can do, but better, and nearly free except postage.  You just have to do all the work.  #1 - READ everything here.  #2:  If you are in doubt about something, ask before you do it.

Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using one right now.  They are pretty involved in my case but I haven't gotten the results of their work yet, that should come soon though.  I will say this though, I wish I had saved my money and discovered this forum and also CB much sooner.  I would have saved $500!!  Stamps don't cost that much! haha

Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using Lexington Law Firm for almost a year now...I have gotten some results but not as quick as I would have liked them and spending $70 a month over a years time is alot.  I really wish I would have found a forum like this sooner. I am really close to dropping them. I figure I will give them a couple more months to start getting results and if none are made I will do it myself.

Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you had any results with Lexington Law?  $70 is a lot of money per month.  I know with mine it is a flat fee of $500 and they do their work in 45 days.  Payment isn't due until the 45th day.  I'm coming up on that 45 day mark now and am thinking of keeping them on for another 2 months.  I'm applying for a mortgage soon and needed a quick bump from a 560 to a 600 for VA financing.

Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you had any results with Lexington Law?  $70 is a lot of money per month.  I know with mine it is a flat fee of $500 and they do their work in 45 days.  Payment isn't due until the 45th day.  I'm coming up on that 45 day mark now and am thinking of keeping them on for another 2 months.  I'm applying for a mortgage soon and needed a quick bump from a 560 to a 600 for VA financing.

I am getting results. I'm just not sure I like the time it is taking. They are disputing/verifying items in cycles of 3 at a time.

Here are the results I have gotten so far...

EQ - 6  neggative items removed; 8 neggative items remain.

EX - 2 neggative items removed;  5 neggative items remain.

TU - 4 neggative items removed; 7 neggative items remain.

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I am getting results. I'm just not sure I like the time it is taking. They are disputing/verifying items in cycles of 3 at a time.

Here are the results I have gotten so far...

EQ - 6  neggative items removed; 8 neggative items remain.

EX - 2 neggative items removed;  5 neggative items remain.

TU - 4 neggative items removed; 7 neggative items remain.

Thats not bad.  I know what you mean with the time it is taking.  Just remember this is a war and you've won a lot of battles so far!

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

What strikes me as odd is that some of the ones that are removed from one still exist on the other.

For example a Citi Financial account was removed from EQ but still exists on EX and TU.  What's up with that?

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

My assumption would be that as each CRA does it's own investigation, they are only able to validate what is given to them or what's in front of them.  What's validated for one may not be for the other hence the removal?

Message 9 of 42
CS800
Super Contributor

While a lot of the job you can do yourself, I know of some cases where the credit repari company was able to get a lot removed. Lexington is one of the better one. But i'm too cheap to shed $70/ month.

My take is if I cannot get a late or CO to be removed, let time do it's job and eventually my report will be clean again if I keep the same disciplined approach to paying on time and following the basic rules that I have learn here. It's a waiting game. Of course if youre in no rush then wait it out.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.