Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Company

@Anonymous wrote:

My girlfriend and I were recommended to a CRO out of Iowa called CreditAbility by my friend who is a mortgage broker.  Jan 2011 I had a 589 middle FICO score and my girlfriend had a 609, clearly short of the 640 middle requirement for an FHA mortgage.  We started the program Jan 18 and around March they finished.  From there they coached us on credit score enhancing tactics and also said we should open a credit card and use it responsibly or get added as an authorized user on someone else's account that reports to all 3 bureaus.  I was added to my father's AMEX and my mother's Citibank card.  My girlfriend already had a good standing Capital One card, but had her mother add her to a card to be safe.  Long story short, we gave it just around 2 months for the added accounts to report and did a final credit pull end of May.  My score was 662 and hers was 692, qualifying us for a FHA loan.

The company charges $500 for an individual and $700 for a couple and you don't pay until 45 days after they start.  They really were great to work with, always answered the phone, returned e-mails right away, and really know their stuff.  Of course you can do the work yourself, but I found it to be worth every penny.  I'm not sure if it was more the removed/corrected accounts or the "piggybacking" credit that we did, but I was satisfied.  I do know that they're working to eliminate the reporting of authorized users to credit bureaus, so if that is an option you can engage in, I would move on it.  Hope this helps, the company's website is below.

Edited to remove a link which is not permitted. Please review the Forum's Terms of Service and Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines which prohibit:

Promotion of a credit repair organization, as defined in the federal Credit Repair Organizations Act or similar state laws, or the services of such an organization;

Thanks for your understanding-MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

- C

This almost sounded like an advertisement haha.  No offense to the author of the post.

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

interpret it as you will. All I know is that someone asked about CRO's and I shared my detailed experience with one.
Message 22 of 42
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
interpret it as you will. All I know is that someone asked about CRO's and I shared my detailed experience with one.

Nothing wrong with sharing experiences. You just can't link to a CRO website. You agreed to this when you became a member:

Terms of Use

By accessing and using this community you agree to the User Guidelines, Terms of Service & Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see a link posted in that post.

Message 24 of 42
cf2701
Regular Contributor

I think it was because the post was edited already. 

I am choosing the "repair myself" method. I have several negatives on my reports, mostly medical collections that will fall off in 1-2 years.  Still, 1-2 years is a long wait.  I hope I am doing the correct thing by trying myself. I sent the first round of letters off last week. One thing to note when sending letters is that they will cost almost $5 per letter if you go the certified with return signature option. (which you should always do, at least from everything I have read).  I am still new to this whole process, but reading ALL I CAN to educate myself as fast as possible. I am really itching to see if my first round of letters yeild any results!

Good luck to everyone, no metter what option you select to repair the damage of the past. I know I will keep everyone posted on any results I have and hope others do the same. 

BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 25 of 42
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see a link posted in that post.

That's because I removed it and I also provided an explanation of why it was done.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cizz, out of curiosity how many baddies was your CRO able to remove?

Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been in repair with a company for 3 1/2 months with an increase of 100 points on TU, 60 on Ex & 85 on EQ. I think its just the luck of the draw with these companies and how bad your credit is. My beg scores were low to mid 500's. I had to pay $99 down and $75 for 4 mos which would sit in an escrow account.. Plus side to this company is that if I didnt receive positive results I would be refunded my money 100%.

One negative of this so far... I had to sign up for credit check total wich is an online credit monitoring service so they could monitor and pull credit reports as needed. Also I had a Lender do a hard pull on me and the scores were much lower than what was being reported by credit check total (Fako). 

Message 28 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I have and am using Lexington Law.  They have been awesome for my credit.  I started out like with 18 negative items on all three credit bureaus.  I started November 2010.  Now it is Sept 2011.  I have so far had 8 removed from EQ, 10 removed from EXP, and 8 removed from TR.  My credit score last year was like 460 or something like that. Really awful.  I have had a foreclosure as well due to illness, hardship etc.  My foreclosure has been taken off, just waiting for the equity line tied to that foreclosed property to be taken off.  For 4 years I have been unable to get a credit card and I finally was able to get credit cards, but with low credit lines.  That's fine with me. I'm rebuilding my credit. I have a steady job and I am paying all my bills on time.  Now my credit scores have gone up at least more than 100 points. I am still working to pay off my old credit card with only $2400 left to pay!  So, I'm still working at it.  At this rate, I hope by next year at this time with the help of Lexington Law and paying on time, clearing my debt I hope to be in the mid 700s by next year!  Good luck!

Message 29 of 42
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I've used Lexington for 5 months now and it has worked out very nicely. 90% of my baddies are gone and the other 10% within the next 3 months. I don't have the time or patience to do it myself, I'd rather pay a firm to do it for me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.