Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Help Needed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Help Needed!

Hello everyone,

I am 33 and this past week, after some soul searching, I decided I need to work on repairing my credit. I want to buy a house in 2 years. 

My FICO scores as of today are: EQ 465, EX 481, TU 467

I have 5 Accounts:

-Fed Loan Servicing which is closed, last updated 12/01/2014, Payment Status is at least 120 days past due. Balance is $0. It is on EQ and TU

-Another Fed Loan Servicing which is exactly the same as the one above.

-US Department of Education, last updated 6/01/2017 for EQ and 5/01/17 for TU and EX, Payment Status says collection account. Balance is $5,103 for EQ and                         $5,085 for TU and EX.

-Another US Department of Education which is exactly the same as the one above.

-CNAC - OH105, only on TU which is closed, last updated 08/01/2014, Payment status is unrated, Balance of $0.

I have 6 Collections:

-Hosp Medical Practicuniversity, only on TU and EX, date assigned is 12/16/2016, original balance and current balance are both $40.

-Physicians Emergency Service, on EQ, EX, and TU, Agency name is North American Recovery, Date assigned is 07/08/2016, Original and current balance

are both $247

-Another Physicians Emergency Service which is the same as above with the exception of the date assigned, which is 07/07/2015.

-UH Portage Medical Center, only on EQ and TU, Agency is Team Recovery, date assigned is 04/08/2016, Original and current balance are both $799

-12 Buckeye Lending Solutions, only on TU, agency name is Plaza Services, Date assigned is 01/07/2015, Original and current balance is $1,215.

-Att U verse, on EQ, EX, and TU, Agency name os I C System INC, date assigned is 10/01/2014, Original and Current balance are $356

I have 1 Public Record:

-Only on EQ and TU, was filed May, 2014, Type is Legal Item on EQ and Civil Judgement on TU, Date filed is 05/01/2014 on EQ and 05/21/2014 on TU

Amount is $443, Plantiff is Overlook Financial Co. 

I have 1 Inquiry: 

-I applied for a Citi bank secured credit card today(07/08/2017,) still waiting on decision. It's only on EX.

Now that is all the information that myFico 3b report would give me. What is the best way I can go about raising my credit score in order to buy a home in 2 years? I would greatly appreciate any and all help that you wonderful people can give me. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Repair Help Needed!

You can start by visiting the Student loan forum and finding additional information about possibly rehabilitation loans. As far as the collections, once you have the money to pay on them, attempt pay for deletes. Don't contact the collection agencies until you are prepared to pay. Start with one collection agency and request the pay for delete and continue to work on those as money allows. Are all the collection agencies updating every month?

As far as re-establishing credit, try for secured cards. Open Sky does not check credit and you may have to start with them until you bring your scores up. Just remember that rebuilding is going to take time and a lot of effort. Stay focused on your goals and you'll get there!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This is my first couple days, so I have no clue if they are updating monthly. 

Message 3 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If you look on your reports it'll show when each account was last updated. Look to see if they're recent or haven't been updated in awhile.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The US Department of Education ones have updated in the last couple months. The collections don't show being updated, just when they were assigned. 

Message 5 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Where did you pull your reports from?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the reports tab in the myFico thing. 

Message 7 of 9
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Ok, when looking at the accounts, is there a "more info" link under each of them? I'm looking at mine on the app so it may be different.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, not for the collections

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.