Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Help-Where to start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Help-Where to start

Hello Everyone,

I would like to start repairing my credit. Just a little background, I have always been bad with money and budgeting, wasn't really taught about credit. I would like to just try to get a fresh start since I am getting older and would like to purchase a home for me and my 2 little ones in the near future, I was in the process of filing bankruptcy but I'm not sure if that would be the best route. I am in the process of breaking an apartment lease (couldn't afford it anymore or my budgeting skills suck). The apartment will continue to charge me until the unit is rented out again. So right now I have moved in with my brother and mother, and help pay rent.  I currently make about $30,000 a year (not sure if this will help). About $780 in monthly daycare costs, and pay $290 for partial rent on family's house. Other bills total to about $500. Before this month my bills totaled my monthy income, so there wasn't anyway to pay on anything outside of necesseties. I have around $700 extra monthly to pay down some debt and repair my credit now since moving in with family.  My car was voluntary surrended in December of 2015 with a balance of about $15,000 due to driving without insurance and in a not at fault accident, but other person didn't have insurance either. The repairs were around $7000. The car was finally sold April 2016 for around $2300. It isn't showing a repossession yet, just late payments from Feb-present. I have 3 things showing in collections. I have some COs and a ton of late payments. I also have a discover card that is maxed out, that I plan to pay down to $0 next due date, since I have some extra funds available. I have really struggled finacially this past year, I would just like some advice on where to start. My fako scores at this time are 493 transunion and 454 equifax. I will post my negative accounts below. I do know the discover utilization is hurting me the most right now.  I'm not sure if should wait until the car loan is showing accurately to try to repair or start now? Helppp & Thanks. 

Last Reported
Jun 03, 2016
Creditor Name
DISCOVERBANK
Account Type
Secured Credit Card
Account Status
Open
Opened Date
Jun 27, 2014
Closed Date
--
Limit
$200
Term
--
Monthly Payment
$18
Responsibility
Individual
Balance
$435
Highest Balance
$435
Payment Status
30-59 Days Late
Worst Payment Status
60-89 Days Late
Date of Last Payment
Apr 04, 2016

Last Reported
Apr 30, 2016
Creditor Name
HONOR FIN
Account Type
Automobile
Account Status
Open
Opened Date
Jan 14, 2014
Closed Date
--
Limit
--
Term
60 Months
Monthly Payment
$399
Responsibility
Individual
Balance
$13,550
Highest Balance
$15,104
Payment Status
60-89 Days Late
Worst Payment Status
60-89 Days Late
Date of Last Payment
Apr 29, 2016
Amount Past Due
$1,451
Times 30/60/90 Days Late
2/0/0
Remarks

Account Details
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Help-Where to start

"I was in the process of filing bankruptcy but I'm not sure if that would be the best route"

Okay, so, you inquired about BK.

What hope, suggestions or recommendations did the Attorney make?

Best Wishes!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you should consult with a bankruptcy attorney
Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That is a good question. I do not know much about BK, but I'm.wondering if this isn't the route to go. There is a lot you habe there and it feels like it can possibly get worse.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I consulted with 3 different attorneys and they stated the CH 7 bankruptcy would probably be my best route. They all also stated that my case would be a simple case since all my debt is only around $35000 and that's including $15,000 from student loans that won't be discharged, so that is why I thinking of trying to repair. I don't have any judgements at this time, but everything is also recently new. It sounds like bankruptcy may be my best route. Thanks everyone so far for your input!!! 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.