Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair/History - 6 Months Result

tag
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Credit Repair/History - 6 Months Result

So after 6 months of beginning my Credit Repair journey in February of 2014 and having about 5 collections on each credit bureau I have achieved 100% clean credit reports and have been letting only 1% utilization report for 6 months. Today I was finally able to pull a FICO for every credit bureau. It has been a long road and I am quite happy with the results! I thought I would have started a little bit lower because of the number of inquiries but I am pleasantly surprised.

I just want to thank everyone on these boards for their input, their many threads full of information. Without everyone here talking about their experiences and their methods; I would have never repaired my credit in the first place and would have always continued living on cash. I plan on a vehicle purchase in February of next year if I qualify for 0% APR top tier.

Now knowing what my scores are, I am a little itchy to go on an app spree but my last small spree was in April so I have until October to wait. Hopefully I'll start getting some prequalifies on a few select websites and some mail offers by then Smiley Happy

Thank you everone again! I went from the mid 550s all the way to the scores below in about 6 months. The 550ish was from Suncoast Credit Union (not sure if FAKO/FICO).

Equifax FICO: 700

Transunion FICO: 721

Experian FICO: 703

AAoA: 5 months

Utilization: 1%

No prior credit history

Inquiries updated in Signature

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair/History - 6 Months Result

So you dont actually have an unsecured card or installment loan on your CR and you are showing a 700 middle score. that is really great. Just a clean slate.

What you should do now is app for Capital One Platinum (No AF; $19 yr 2+) & chase Freedom;

Thats what i did when apping. I also applied for Shell Credit (Citi) so i have diversity in my credit card

It is very likely you will be approved for both; i checked on prequal sites for both before applying. Its likely your scores will ding first few months after approval; however it will also boost your revolving cards AAoA; i think its worth it

Message 2 of 9
Erusidhion
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah I plan to actually hit a lot of cards in October and then whatever I get I may wait 2 full years (yeah right!) for my inquiries to drop before seeing if there is anything else I want/need. I will try Chase Freedom for sure but I hear that you need at least 1 full year credit history for them to really approve you but I have been reading a few threads here of people getting approved with less than 12 months.

My current goal: American Express BCE, Capital One Quicksilver (not sure which version yet), Discover it, Wells Fargo Rewards Card (I won't wait for secured to graduate, I'll keep it 2 years and cancel for money back), Suncoast Rewards Card (credit union visa).

I have been thinking of Chase Freedom in addition to the above as well as a Barclay. I may try Bank of America as well. I will have to see what I prequalify for from now until October.

You know. I told myself that I would just order a FICO score every 6 months but in reality, with the coupon I believe it's like $45.00? to get all 3 FICOs + 3 Credit Reports a month? I thought everyone was crazy to be getting a new FICO/report monthly for that amount of money but it really isn't that bad if you have the funds to do it. Pretty sure I will wait until October to pull again though. In the garden until then!....Well, I will try anyways.

EQ 654 -- 43 Inquiries
TU 695 -- 54 Inquiries
EX 668 -- 50 Inquiries

Utilization: 9% AAoA: 20 months Total History: 3Y
Updated: 08/04/2017 Premier 3B
Message 3 of 9
alienfico
Frequent Contributor

Awesome job....you give me hope that with hard work and patience I may just get there.  Congrats!

Starting: TU:515, EX:521, EQ:528
Current: TU:700 EX:706 EQ:674
FICO Goal: 725
Cap1 Venture $11,000AU, First Progress $500, Cap1 QS $1750, FH$600, Open Sky $300, Cap1 $500, BestBuy $1500 Target $1800
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

when app spreeing i would also think in terms of  "which bureau pull each Card has"

Barclays/Walmart/Discover/ChaseFreedom/ = TU

Bank of America/Amex = Experian
Capital One- all 3 bureaus

I m in TX if it at all matters.

so if for now you can have EQ frozen, that would also make sense.

I had only 6 mos of secure credit experience when i applied for Chase freedom and approved. got just$500 to start with.

I took the no annual fee platinum card coz its very likely they increase CL on it much faster than QS. Besides didnt feel the need to pay AF

Message 5 of 9
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! 

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 7 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats..

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great!  Very inspiring!  How did you handle your collections?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.