Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Repair Journey: Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair Journey: Advice?

I'm trying to work on my credit repair at the moment and I am looking for any advice. I haven't had any lates (minus the charge offs in the last two years).

Current Scores:

• EX FICO: 622 (was reporting higher utilization at time of calculation) / 589 FAKO
  • TU FAKO: 568
  • EQ FAKO: 609

I am just trying to figure out if I should pay the charge offs or let them be and what else I can do to raise/improve my credit. Overall utilization is 10.23%

Current Cards:

• Fifth Third Bank Platinum Card (Opened 02/2015 Current Utilization 0% $0/200)
  • Capital One Quicksilver One (Opened 10/2015 Current Utilization 9.25% $250/2700)
  • Capital One Secured Platinum (Opened 08/2015 Current Utilization 0% $0/500)
  • American Express Delta Gold (Opened 10/2016 Current Utilization 20% $200/1000)

Various Student Loan Accounts(opened since 2013 putting my AAoA just over 3 years) that are paid as agreed/no lates when I was out of school but I am back in and they are having payments held due to that.

Also two open vehicles in my name, one installment loan, my car with a $10,000 balance never late. Second vehicle, a Kia lease with my ex due to end in 2018. Also a close auto loan due to me refinancing my car and getting a better rate (always paid as agreed).

Negatives:

• Charge off 10/2014 ~$2000 currently at $0 Discover default Judgment issued and not filed (removed PR from report but charge off still exists on Discover acct)
  • Charge off 10/2014 ~$400 currently at $800 US Bank/Student Card (OC still reporting late each month)
  • Charge off 10/2014 ~$400 currently at $800 US Bank/123 Rewards Kroger Visa (Sent to Portfolio Recovery Associates)
  • Best Buy Credit Card Charged Off at ~$3400 Currently at $1125 (making payments set to be paid off in Sept 2017)
  • Kia Lease has 2 late payments back from 08/2014

Any advice to improve my score would be great but I am particularly looking to see what to do with those charge offs. I know I can let them age off but Ohio SOL is 6 years so I have a ways to go. I could get the charge offs paid off in the next 6 months or so since I am living at home and no longer paying rent at the moment.

The only reason I am thinking of paying it off because this will look better to other potential creditors down the road and if I end up looking for a mortgage in ~5 years or so (wouldn't want that creeping up but trying to think long term).

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Repair Journey: Advice?

Anyone? 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest PFD for the charge offs. Start with the us bank card since it's reporting late every month. It's hurting your score.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure that US Bank would do a PFD and I don't believe that PRA does them either.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure that US Bank would do a PFD and I don't believe that PRA does them either.

You can try and if these are updating monthly then you want to settle even if they wont do a PFD so they can begin to age in the eyes of Fico.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.